Mopar lift question

cwieland

First Name
Con
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I am in the middle of installing the Mopar lift and wanted to confirm that the spacer on the top mount of the front shocks faces inwards. I don't believe it could even be mounted otherwise but I was confused by the picture in the instructions.

Also anyone doing the lift and installing an adjustable trackbar, what make did you go with. I'm not done but it looks like the front moved 3/4 to an invh and it seems it would be a good thing to align all the mounting points ( control links, shocks, sway bar)

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
TeraFlex & JKS, are both good brands from what I've heard. JKS is owned by Fox Racing, and made in-house at the Fox shocks plant. This was told to me by a Fox employee.

I will probably go with the TeraFlex myself, because it has an adjustable sleeve, versus, the unbolt & screw it out a few turns method...Which will take longer at the alignment shop, and they'll charge me more to install and align the front-end. The TeraFlex adj. track bar has 2 set screws and a threaded sleeve for adjustment, like the factory drag-link.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
You are correct on the spacer. I went with the Synergy brace and track bar. Interestingly, after the lift on the front the passenger tire is an inch further out than the driver. The adjustable track bar fixed that. The rear was fine.

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
Just out of curiosity, can you scan and upload the instructions ?? I'm curious about the bump stop extensions. Thinking purchasing the springs and LCA's from the kit straight from Mopar, but was curious if I should get these bump extensions or aftermarket. Don't want their FOX shocks or sway bar end-links, so to purchase the whole kit would be a waste for me.

OP
OP
cwieland

cwieland

First Name
Con
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Just out of curiosity, can you scan and upload the instructions ?? I'm curious about the bump stop extensions. Thinking purchasing the springs and LCA's from the kit straight from Mopar, but was curious if I should get these bump extensions or aftermarket. Don't want their FOX shocks or sway bar end-links, so to purchase the whole kit would be a waste for me.
Here's the instructions

Attachments

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Would someone mind measuring the bolt-to-bolt length of a rear Mopar 2" lift swaybar link? I'm putting on longer shocks and am wondering if these would be an option, rather than paying the $100+ all of the aftermarket lift companies seem to want for swaybar links. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
cwieland

cwieland

First Name
Con
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Would someone mind measuring the bolt-to-bolt length of a rear Mopar 2" lift swaybar link? I'm putting on longer shocks and am wondering if these would be an option, rather than paying the $100+ all of the aftermarket lift companies seem to want for swaybar links. Thanks in advance.
center to center 13"

PJM86

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep CJ7, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
How easy was the install? I’m thinking of purchasing this lift kit for my gladiator rubicon as well. Any tips or tricks? Instructions seems basic and not very detailed...lol. Appreciate your thoughts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cwieland

cwieland

First Name
Con
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
How easy was the install? I’m thinking of purchasing this lift kit for my gladiator rubicon as well. Any tips or tricks? Instructions seems basic and not very detailed...lol. Appreciate your thoughts.
It's pretty straight forward. you want to make sure you have a couple jacks and jack stands. I had to get a bigger torque wrench for the higher torque settings. I have a standard 1/2 inch that goes to 200 lbs but didn't have enough leverage.
I am very happy with the lift so far. It's exactly what I was looking for. Also I would recommend an alignment after. I know some folks don't but the toe was definitely out. Good luck.

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
It's pretty straight forward. you want to make sure you have a couple jacks and jack stands. I had to get a bigger torque wrench for the higher torque settings. I have a standard 1/2 inch that goes to 200 lbs but didn't have enough leverage.
I am very happy with the lift so far. It's exactly what I was looking for. Also I would recommend an alignment after. I know some folks don't but the toe was definitely out. Good luck.
How tall were the jack stands that you used? I have heard people mention that you have to jack it pretty high to let the axle drop all the way down

AuburnATX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator
I'm installing the Mopar lift this weekend. Is there a video out there somewhere showing the install? The instructions don't seem that detailed. I found a ton of videos for adding the leveling kit but not much out there for the Mopar lift on the JT. The Teraflex leveling kit was a breeze using 6 ton jack stands and two floor jacks, not sure how much more difficult the lift will be.

Veloruche

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Anyone use the Teraflex adjustable track bar?
I’m having a issue with creeking and popping sound.
once I remove torque from the bolt it stops.

any suggestions on what to do?

I have a video but I’m not sure how to add it here.
Sponsored