Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Tell me about the Mopar lift.
Is it better than the Rubicon stock suspension? (In any regard other than height). (Does it ride better or worse, etc)
If not the Mopar lift what do you guys recommend?

Edit: probably should have put this in suspension section. Oops.
Sponsored

HoldMyBeer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon (waiting for delivery ugh)
I am very curious about the mopar lift. My buddy had it on the JL and had a bunch of issues but I think that is because of other things Jeep related. I’m told the fox shocks are just longer so the ride should be same as the rubicon. I wanted to wait for the teraflex kit but they are dragging their feet so I may go mopar with Some steer smart components added in

Jeep Rookie

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
I am very curious about the mopar lift. My buddy had it on the JL and had a bunch of issues but I think that is because of other things Jeep related. I’m told the fox shocks are just longer so the ride should be same as the rubicon. I wanted to wait for the teraflex kit but they are dragging their feet so I may go mopar with Some steer smart components added in
Spoke with Teraflex yesterday and they are very excited and confident to be launching their Gladiator 2.5 lift and SP2 shocks (3.1/3.3) at SEMA in three weeks. We'll see.

Just an observation and I can't help on the lifts but from what I see on these forums, no matter what lift (RK, EVO, TF, MC) their are people complaining in one form or another... maybe it is the install that is more in question.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
If your only goal is to go up and/or run bigger tires, the Mopar lift might work for you.

Don't buy into the, "it's Mopar so my warranty is still valid" thing. Your warranty is "still valid" until it's not (that's a whole 'nuther subject for a different thread).

If you want to:
* Go offroad
* Keep the suspension geometry correct
* Not make the ride worse
* Improve the ride quality

then you should look at a better and likely a bit (a "bit" is all relative) more costly suspension lift.

Oh, and you definitely should look at BETTER SHOCKS as they make a HUGE DIFFERENCE! Once you look at better shocks it makes no sense to go with the Mopar lift kit, IMO.

There's a lot more that could be said but I won't go into in this post. Others will likely add more.

Disclaimer: I was thinking about the Mopar lift but based on all the negatives of it and the positives of another suspension package and, once I looked at the installed cost of the Mopar lift and how little more I'd have to spend for a better solution, I quickly killed the Mopar lift idea.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
If your only goal is to go up and/or run bigger tires, the Mopar lift might work for you.

Don't buy into the, "it's Mopar so my warranty is still valid" thing. Your warranty is "still valid" until it's not (that's a whole 'nuther subject for a different thread).

If you want to:
* Go offroad

then you should look at a better and likely a bit (a "bit" is all relative) more costly suspension lift.

Oh, and you definitely should look at BETTER SHOCKS as they make a HUGE DIFFERENCE! Once you look at better shocks it makes no sense to go with the Mopar lift kit, IMO.

There's a lot more that could be said but I won't go into in this post. Others will likely add more.

Disclaimer: I was thinking about the Mopar lift but based on all the negatives of it and the positives of another suspension package and, once I looked at the installed cost of the Mopar lift and how little more I'd have to spend for a better solution, I quickly killed the Mopar lift idea.
what are the negatives?

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
what are the negatives?
Negatives?
* Price vs other options
* It's a compromise lift solution but it works
* Others

I'm not going to bash the Mopar lift. It's not like it's dangerous or bad but you can do better for about the same $$$ and certainly better for a bit more.

I'd suggest you talk to some suspension lift mfrs and get their opinions and, yes, I know they have a vested interest in selling you their stuff but they absolutely can and will tell you what theirs does better than the Mopar lift. And if they can't, don't buy from them. :)

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Spoke with Teraflex yesterday and they are very excited and confident to be launching their Gladiator 2.5 lift and SP2 shocks (3.1/3.3) at SEMA in three weeks. We'll see.

Just an observation and I can't help on the lifts but from what I see on these forums, no matter what lift (RK, EVO, TF, MC) their are people complaining in one form or another... maybe it is the install that is more in question.
A good idea would be to look for a local JEEP shop - one that has been in business for some time, one that has happy customers that you can talk to. Then you can talk to the shop and the customers and get their input on the lift kits and the shop.

While you may want to (and can) do the install yourself, I'll bet that a number of the people on the forums complaining about their suspensions did the installs themselves.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant

If you want to:
* Go offroad

So you are speaking from hearsay? You have no personal experience with the Mopar lift, just "what you've heard" in other words.

Wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2010 JKU
I have the Mopar lift on my JL. The shocks are nice and it works well but I probably won’t go that route on my JT. To make the Mopar lift work, you really need to add to it. This is what I added to make it right.
1. Rock krawler spring correction pads, I highly recommend these to keep the spring bow at a minimum and they are stronger than the plastic ones from Mopar.
2. Adjustable front track bar to pull axel back in alignment.
3. Adjustable rear track bar or track bar bracket to bring the axel back in alignment.
4. Adjustable front control arms, these aren’t absolutely necessary but really help to dial in the caster to help the drive ability.

In short I spent a small fortune getting the Mopar kit right. Should have just bought a better kit to begin with. Just my experience and opinion.

Sponsored

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
I will let you know I just ordered my MOPAR lift and it will getting installed next week. The price wasn't bad at all at $1320.00. I did order a JKS adjustable track bar and a new Steering Stabilizer. The others are right there are better lifts out there for a little more money, however the Fox 2.0 shocks aren't bad and the were designed for the Gladiator. This will not be my final build, I'm using the MOPAR lift until I see what comes out next year. I honestly haven't been impressed with any of the kits out there right now. SEMA is in roughly 3 weeks and I can't wait to see what is to come for the JT. My next build will most likely be 3.5 - 4" of lift have Steersmarts drag link, tie rods, and adjustable track bar, and custom tuned King or Fox suspension from ACCUTUNE.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So you are speaking from hearsay? You have no personal experience with the Mopar lift, just "what you've heard" in other words.
"Speaking from hearsay" - funny. If you ask people who have the Mopar lift what are they going to say? What do they have to compare it to other than stock? I never claimed to have run the Mopar lift nor did I claim to be an expert. I didn't bash the Mopar lift I simply suggested that if you want to:
* Go offroad

And I said that it makes no sense to go with a Mopar lift if you're going look at running better shocks because the Mopar lift kit includes shocks.

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
I think the main thing you need to answer for yourself is: Is the lift for looks or four wheeling and I'm not talking about some dirtroads.

I'm not ashamed to admit my Jeeps and any previous lifted vehicles are plainly for looks. I like it a little higher and little more stout looking. If I was into wheeling my vehicle I'd look into a brand offering all the goodies. For me, a daystar leveling kit or a mopar lift works just fine for my intended purpose.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I think the main thing you need to answer for yourself is: Is the lift for looks or four wheeling and I'm not talking about some dirtroads.
for me: Both. :)
the mopar lift just seemed like a popular option and I was just wondering if it was a nice option vs other stuff in a similar price range.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door/2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Spoke with Teraflex yesterday and they are very excited and confident to be launching their Gladiator 2.5 lift and SP2 shocks (3.1/3.3) at SEMA in three weeks. .
This is news I’ve been waiting for. Was about to order the JKS lift. Might wait a bit and see how soon this becomes available.
Sponsored