Sponsored

Mopar Performance Rock rail guys

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Are you all happy with them? I have been wanting to replace the plastic gladiator running board steps on mine to some rubicon rock rails, but I ended up finding some mopar performance rock rails where someone didnt know what they had and sold them for cheaper than I see people sell the others.
Sponsored

skerb

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ6, 21 JTURD
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I bought my set from someone that thought they were the standard rock rails for $200. I like them for what they are, they look good and keep my door handles out of trees better than the originals.

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought my set from someone that thought they were the standard rock rails for $200. I like them for what they are, they look good and keep my door handles out of trees better than the originals.
I just snagged some for 160$...the regulars sell for more around here.

tkclemmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 1952 Willys M38-A1
I picked mine up new from someone on CL at a significant discount. Sounds like a common story. They've been great. The finish is top notch and the slight step they create is all my wife and kids need to hop in the truck. I've set the truck down on them once, and you'd never know. Not even a mark in the finish.

JD101

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon , 2021 JLU
I had the rubi rails and upgraded to the Mopar enhanced rock rails that I also got for a bargain . They are pretty nice . A small ledge step , good coating . Seem stout for a body mounted rail. I wouldn't pay new prices , but the second hand pricing is usually a bargain .

Sponsored

Trollboogie

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
I like mine. They protect the hinges from rocks. Provide a enough of a step to help you get in. The finish is really durable. I really wanted the ROAM side step rails, but they seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have had them for 2 years and very happy with them. Perfect step for the Mrs. or kids, also for me to open the soft top in summer. I had a 4 wheeler run into mine on a trail (long ass story) and barely made a nick in the finish.

The Duck of Earl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In flux
Anyone have a good pic of these up close (preferable with a foot or something on it) to show the step surface?

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
I wish they were a tad bit wider. Love the finish on them though. I picked mine up from a dealer on eBay for a little over half off MSRP, so I'm content.

Sponsored

The Duck of Earl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In flux
Thank you. I can see wanting something a little wider, but this is probably the best compromise for something that actually offers a step surface while staying up tight to the body and clean lines.

It seems that you really should wait to pick these up either through a used find or during a sale after delivery. The price for these on the configurator is a little steep, particularly if you are getting a Rubi or Mojave and you don't even get credit for the rock sliders that come with the truck which you aren't getting if you add the performance ones.

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I for sure am going to miss the width of the plastic step style mopar running boards I have, but I will like the metal option and still having somewhat of a step. It may not even bother me at all once I have them on since I was considering ditching the ones I have for regular rock rails.

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
If they will actually work as a rocker skid I am in. Just got to find some.

NewGladdyOWNR

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
Always wondered if these enhanced rock rails worked with mudflaps…

HouseOfWolves

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Always wondered if these enhanced rock rails worked with mudflaps…

I think mud flaps and rock rails are mutually exclusive items...

Chances are if you get into a situation where you need your rails, you are going to leave your mud flaps on the trail. YMMV .
Sponsored