Sponsored

Mopar Side Steps, any benefit off-road?

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Someone locally is selling their overland side steps, i was wondering if I should pick these up for my Sport S. I do plan to go some light/moderate off-roading with the truck (which I am completely new to), would the side steps provide any benefit? Or should I just get rock rails?
Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Someone locally is selling their overland side steps, i was wondering if I should pick these up for my Sport S. I do plan to go some light/moderate off-roading with the truck (which I am completely new to), would the side steps provide any benefit? Or should I just get rock rails?
If you are referring to the Mopar plastic side steps, they will be useful to deflect gravel on a hard pack trail or road. But if you are going over any rocks, tree roots of such they. Will just be torn off or broken

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
If you are referring to the Mopar plastic side steps, they will be useful to deflect gravel on a hard pack trail or road. But if you are going over any rocks, tree roots of such they. Will just be torn off or broken
This is exactly correct. My wife’s has them on her JLUSport and they are perfect in this regard. But we put ROAM armored side steps on my JLUS. They have served us well.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
For the factory plastic steps, the instructions from my JL specifically state they should be removed if off-roading. I would imagine this would be the same for the Gladiator steps as they are constructed the same.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar/jeep makes a rock rail with a step for Gladiator it’s pretty heavy duty but costs around 900$
Sponsored