Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 JTR that has a Mopar soft tonneau since new. I very rarely have the tonneau rolled up except when I have to carry something large. Today I rolled the tonneau and noticed fibers and strings hanging from the underside. When I checked it out it was the 2 straps that runs from the front to the back of the cover and they were rotted through. I am past original warranty and probably can have it replaced by an auto upholstery shop but I have never seen anything like this before anyone else having this problem?
Sponsored

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Very strange, particularly as you're in SD.

Not particularly helpful info to you, but mine is 2 years old in Colorado and the only signs of wear are dust.

OP
OP
Commodus

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Very strange, particularly as you're in SD.

Not particularly helpful info to you, but mine is 2 years old in Colorado and the only signs of wear are dust.
Yes it is strange has been perfect for 3 years and now it is like they just rotted away, not even sure what their purpose was since the tie down straps are sewn to the underside loop. I have treated the cover every 6 months with ragtop and the cover still looks new on top

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
I’m having this issue on my 2020.
Sponsored