Mopar SOFT Tri-fold Tonneau Cover

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
Does anyone have any experiences with Mopar's soft, folding tonneau cover? What did you think of it?

Thanks for the feedback!
Sponsored

Ctanley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Does anyone have any experiences with Mopar's soft, folding tonneau cover? What did you think of it?

Thanks for the feedback!
I have the molar Tri-fold hard tonneau from the dealer. (Took delivery three weeks ago) It’s important to be aware that while you can fold all three panels open there is no way to hold all three panels open while underway like some of the aftermarket hard Tri fold models (some have arms from the bed rail that snap into the third panel to hold all three sections open). You can fold two panels open and use the straps to secure, but you can not have all three panels open while underway. That is frustrating when you want to put bikes or larger items in the bed.
Then the small fixed panel that is anchored to the bed at the cab uses two bolts that slide into a thin aluminum channel under the panel that screws into the bed bracket. On one side of mine the bold head pulled through the channel making the cover loose. While looking at it the other side pulled through. The channels on both side bent not allowing that section to be reused to attach the cover. Poor design IMO. Anyone could easily break into these covers using a simple screwdriver under the front section as those aluminum arched channels are very very week. Mine is only three weeks so ill ask the dealer what can be done. Ill probably bolt down from the top through the cover into the bed bracket to make it strong if the dealer doesn’t fix it to make it secure or see if the dealer will take it back and get the aftermarket version.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I have the Mopar soft cover and like it.Some apparently fit better than others because some owners complain of sagging. I would say there is a designed "swag" between the supporting cross bars, but no sag.

So far it has kept water out, even more so than the tri-fold oem I have on my Ford.

The owner's manual has good instructions on ease of operation.

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 BMW M5, 2023 Tesla M3
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have the Mopar soft cover and like it.Some apparently fit better than others because some owners complain of sagging. I would say there is a designed "swag" between the supporting cross bars, but no sag.

So far it has kept water out, even more so than the tri-fold oem I have on my Ford.

The owner's manual has good instructions on ease of operation.
Good to know I picked one up last night. Hoping water stays out and no sag.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks for the feedback!
I have one, it works well, and I like it. You can see the hinge points, but it fits flat and keeps the contents dry. Mine was not ordered with a cover from the factory, so the dealer put this one on.

20190825_151357.jpg
Sponsored