Mopar vs Rough Country Hard Tri-fold Tonneau

jeepjonah

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Does anyone have thoughts on the these two tonneau covers? Quality etc. Seems the Rough Country is a few hundred dollars cheaper.

I really like this low profile style for a cover. I had a Bakflip on a Tacoma, but I think these are the only two options with this design for the Gladiator at the moment.
Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Does anyone have thoughts on the these two tonneau covers? Quality etc. Seems the Rough Country is a few hundred dollars cheaper.

I really like this low profile style for a cover. I had a Bakflip on a Tacoma, but I think these are the only two options with this design for the Gladiator at the moment.
I got the Rugged Ridge Armis Hard Tonneau with Line-x. $1029. Had a Bakflip on my Tacoma Also. The RR Armis looks good and functions well. Ordered from Quadratec originally (free $75 gift card) but after a few weeks I called and it was still backordered. Contacted Rugged Ridge and they were in stock and shipped it to me the next day. Had it 3 days later. Rough Country didnt have theirs out yet. I think its a matter of choice at this point as they are all 3 panel and look similar. I think the RR Armis is a little more durable but thats a personal opinion.

OP
OP

jeepjonah

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I got the Rugged Ridge Armis Hard Tonneau with Line-x. $1029. Had a Bakflip on my Tacoma Also. The RR Armis looks good and functions well. Ordered from Quadratec originally (free $75 gift card) but after a few weeks I called and it was still backordered. Contacted Rugged Ridge and they were in stock and shipped it to me the next day. Had it 3 days later. Rough Country didnt have theirs out yet. I think its a matter of choice at this point as they are all 3 panel and look similar. I think the RR Armis is a little more durable but thats a personal opinion.
Thanks Samuel for your info! I did not know about the Rugged Ridge. As you mention they are all just 3 panels, I may go with the Rough Country as it is the best price.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester

I just installed the Undercover Flex cover on mine. I believe it is near identical to the Mopar hard cover with the exception that it has rods to hold all 3 panels in the open position. I had the same cover on my Power Wagon and was happy with it. The new one is even better as it allows you to close the tailgate with the cover closed. The old one I had to lift the cover, close the tailgate and then drop the cover. It was the way the seal worked. But the new one is much better. I like it better than the BakFlip because the rods hold the cover vertical so it does not rest on the back of your cab.
It can be had on Amazon right now for $711.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WDYCKF8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are some pictures of it on my JT

If possible, Can Somebody post a non stock picture of the tri fold hard Tonneau cover?

OP
OP

jeepjonah

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I just installed the Undercover Flex cover on mine. I believe it is near identical to the Mopar hard cover with the exception that it has rods to hold all 3 panels in the open position. I had the same cover on my Power Wagon and was happy with it. The new one is even better as it allows you to close the tailgate with the cover closed. The old one I had to lift the cover, close the tailgate and then drop the cover. It was the way the seal worked. But the new one is much better. I like it better than the BakFlip because the rods hold the cover vertical so it does not rest on the back of your cab.
It can be had on Amazon right now for $711.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WDYCKF8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are some pictures of it on my JT

If possible, Can Somebody post a non stock picture of the tri fold hard Tonneau cover?
Thanks Kevin. That looks like a great option! A nice feature about the tailgate. I got used to having to open the cover before closing the tailgate with Bakflip but when other people closed the tailgate they would always inadvertently close tailgate without lifting the cover and smash the Bakflip seal.

Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Thanks Kevin. That looks like a great option! A nice feature about the tailgate. I got used to having to open the cover before closing the tailgate with Bakflip but when other people closed the tailgate they would always inadvertently close tailgate without lifting the cover and smash the Bakflip seal.
Yea, that was the same with my Undercover. Anybody who didn't know would always close the tailgate on the seal. So much better now.

Reeb65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Also installed the Armis and love it. Sits almost flush with the bed rails.

IMG_6568.jpg

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Also installed the Armis and love it. Sits almost flush with the bed rails.

IMG_6568.jpg
Hmmm, yours looks different than mine. Is yours a soft tonneau?
RR Armis Hard Tonneau.jpg

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I just finished installing the Rough Country hard bed cover. It looks exactly like the Rugged Ridge pictured above. They may be made by the same manufacturer. I am very happy with the quality and the fit. I purchased mine from Amazon. It took about an hour to install.

hivol13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Gladiator Sport S (Max Tow)
20191025_082704.jpg
20191025_082505.jpg
I just finished installing the Rough Country hard bed cover. It looks exactly like the Rugged Ridge pictured above. They may be made by the same manufacturer. I am very happy with the quality and the fit. I purchased mine from Amazon. It took about an hour to install.
Here's a picture of the undercover ultra flex on my JT. It is the upgrade to the flex with aluminum panels and bedrug carpet on the back. I got it from tonneaucovered.com for less than the standard Mopar cover. Give Peter a call.

Sponsored

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
So what are the differences between the armis, undercover, and rough country? Best price on each?

Reeb65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Hmmm, yours looks different than mine. Is yours a soft tonneau?
RR Armis Hard Tonneau.jpg
No I have the hard rolling style. Should have mentioned that little tidbit. I had a tri-fold on my last truck which was great but hated the fact that the rear window was blocked to open the bed all the way up.

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
I am going to buy the UNDERCOVER FX31010. There's a pretty good video out there about it and it is very impressive. I'd like it in another color other than black, but it still looks sharp.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
No I have the hard rolling style. Should have mentioned that little tidbit. I had a tri-fold on my last truck which was great but hated the fact that the rear window was blocked to open the bed all the way up.
How do you like the hard rolling tonneau? Does it seem like it will hold up? Does is seem secure? My only concern is the fabric. I am debating between the hard rolling and the hard tri-fold.

Thanks for any insights.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
There's a pretty good video out there about it and it is very impressive.
Do happen to have a link to the video?
Sponsored