First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fly Fisherman/Elk Hunter
I received my winch mounting kit on Tuesday and on inspection there were parts that I was not expecting after watching several installs on youtube. What are the two black beer cans for that are mounted on top of two existing cans located next to the bumper mounted fog lights? There are detailed instructions on the installation of them but no clue as to what they accomplish. My gut reaction is to ignore them and just install the winch mounting cradle. Can some one explain their purpose?
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I received my winch mounting kit on Tuesday and on inspection there were parts that I was not expecting after watching several installs on youtube. What are the two black beer cans for that are mounted on top of two existing cans located next to the bumper mounted fog lights? There are detailed instructions on the installation of them but no clue as to what they accomplish. My gut reaction is to ignore them and just install the winch mounting cradle. Can some one explain their purpose?
On the Mopar winch mounting kit, they give you those new cans to extend the bumper to protect the fairlead and hook that now will stick out with the new winch. Many people do not install them. fyi, I used the Warn mounting kit for my winch and it did not include those new "cans".

OP
OP
Elkhunter1948

Elkhunter1948

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fly Fisherman/Elk Hunter
On the Mopar winch mounting kit, they give you those new cans to extend the bumper to protect the fairlead and hook that now will stick out with the new winch. Many people do not install them. fyi, I used the Warn mounting kit for my winch and it did not include those new "cans".
Thanks for your reply. I am glad to know what they are designed to do, really had me stumped.
Sponsored