Sponsored

Mopar Winch Plate

CGL7973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon and 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Does anyone know the difference between the MOPAR winch mount plate ending in designation AB vs the new one they are putting out ending in AC? The AC kit is supposedly replacing the AB kit but has more parts that modify the fog lamp housings it looks like.

Anyone put the AB kit on yet and have any issues with it? Or know what the story is between the 2 kits in general?

Just trying to figure out what the difference is and why extra steps on the new one with fog lamps and if it makes any difference before I try to put one or the other on. Dealerships I've talked to really don't have an answer so far, and Quadratec doesn't know either.
Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone know the difference between the MOPAR winch mount plate ending in designation AB vs the new one they are putting out ending in AC? The AC kit is supposedly replacing the AB kit but has more parts that modify the fog lamp housings it looks like.

Anyone put the AB kit on yet and have any issues with it? Or know what the story is between the 2 kits in general?

Just trying to figure out what the difference is and why extra steps on the new one with fog lamps and if it makes any difference before I try to put one or the other on. Dealerships I've talked to really don't have an answer so far, and Quadratec doesn't know either.
Can't answer your question, but is there any reason you're not considering any of the less expensive alternatives from the aftermarket? I have the Rock Hard with the OEM steel bumper and, while a tight fit with my chosen winch (Warn Zeon 10S), it did fit.

OP
OP
CGL7973

CGL7973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't answer your question, but is there any reason you're not considering any of the less expensive alternatives from the aftermarket? I have the Rock Hard with the OEM steel bumper and, while a tight fit with my chosen winch (Warn Zeon 10S), it did fit.
Hey Mark. Thanks for the response. I'm just trying to keep this build as Mopar as possible. I went with the Mopar lift and Mopar off road performance wheels also.

OP
OP
CGL7973

CGL7973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is how it looks so far...

IMG_3027.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
CGL7973

CGL7973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those wheels look good!

Thank you yeah I like the way it came out. Was going for more of a classic look on this one. Kind of stock on steroids and keep it MOPAR as much as I could.

OP
OP
CGL7973

CGL7973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those wheels look good!
Went with Nitto Trail Grapplers 37x12.50. They balance it out and fill it up with the 2" Mopar lift nicely. I'm very happy with it and still more than capable. Was going for a good balance.
Sponsored