First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Someone in a new SUV gets stuck in the sand somewhere that they shouldn't really be. No risk of further danger or damage to them or the vehicle. A couple of hundred yards back is a sign saying 'Stuck in the sand? We can help'.
Do you help? or let it be a lesson?
Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Do unto othersā€¦
If I were stuck Iā€™d sure appreciate the help.
If I weā€™re getting them out I would do so, then politely point out said sign.
Just me.

Jimmij

First Name
Jimmij
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator overland, 2004 Honda s2000
You have to help. That is what the jeep community is all about

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, '82 Jeep CJ-8,
When Off road or on the water, I generally try to help out. Some people do make it hard to want to help them.....

I've always believed the old adage that luck favors the prepared. It's hard to want to help someone who is in the wrong place with the wrong equipment and no tools or knowledge to help themselves. But I still do.

Sponsored

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Life would be really boring if you never felt nervous about going for it. That guy went for it and who knows maybe he "almost" made it. LOL ..... Tow his ass out and laugh about it. Maybe even tell him it is time to redeem himself.

OP
OP
AmishMike

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
Note- somewhere they shouldn't really be.

That is the dilemma.

Help someone if you can.
What helps them more? The quick pulling them out or teaching them that they shouldn't be there.

A Jeep did stop to help them. They also were not properly prepared. They had bare minimums of a shovel and two planks of wood.
(I was actually not in my truck and would have had to go and get it. It did however bring up a good question.)

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
You stop and help, I pulled two old ladies in NC in an front wheel drive Caddy Eldorado, about halfway back to the parking lot from the point road at Hatterass, lot of people stopped and lots had to back out at the narrow spot, brother in law drove the car I pulled. Ladies were great.
So many people drive cars, vans and stuff up the Savage Ditch ramp in Delaware, they have no clue, and are on vacation, why ruin their vacation, least they get stuck right at the entrance usually, we still have no idea how the old girls got that far out in their Caddy, but NC people can do......Jack

Last edited:

Sponsored

jorbasaurus

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT
Occupation
HRIS Consulting
Does ā€œsomeone where they shouldnā€™t really beā€ mean like a Hyundai Tucson stuck on a moderate trail OR a somewhat capable vehicle stuck off trail?

bc Iā€™d help the former get out - latter is SOL as long as itā€™s not a dangerous situation to leave them in.

OP
OP
AmishMike

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
Does ā€œsomeone where they shouldnā€™t really beā€ mean like a Hyundai Tucson stuck on a moderate trail OR a somewhat capable vehicle stuck off trail?

bc Iā€™d help the former get out - latter is SOL as long as itā€™s not a dangerous situation to leave them in.
Like a brand new Explorer on the beach.......because they left their flip-flops on the beach.

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
Speaking ofā€¦.. 2 days ago on the way home from a camping trip.. 3.5 hours NE of Vegas an older couple flagged us down on the highway as their 2wd Yukon was stuckā€¦. Rear wheels were buried.. The other rig with us had shackles and strap so I did a thing:

It was an awesome teachable moment for our kids to do the right thing because doing the right thing isā€¦.right.
Sponsored