Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Took the JT to Rausch Creek last weekend and my tires got into my AAL inner fenders a bit. They also made light contact with my front bumper. I don't plan on keeping the bumper forever and I have no problems just cutting a 1/2" off the ends.

I am new to most of this but what I think is going on is that my tires are just a bit to large for my lift/wheel offset combo. I think that my long term solution would be to replace my wheels with different off set and that will take care of the problem. That is not in my wallets comfortable ability at this time.

So what is my next best option? I'm thinking of adding one more 1/2" bump stop puck up front for now. I have 3 1" pucks stacked now. Is that the best solution for my issue?
Jeep Gladiator More Bump Stop? IMG_0283.JPG
Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
What is your lift and tire size?
Seems like you need just a bit more lift or a bit more bump stop.

Great video! Didnā€™t engage front locker? Shows off the brake/traction control system very well.

OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
What is your lift and tire size?
Seems like you need just a bit more lift or a bit more bump stop.

Great video! Didnā€™t engage front locker? Shows off the brake/traction control system very well.
I am running the Rock Krawler 3" Pro X with Milestar P 38x13.5. RK recommends 3" bumpstop with 4.5" of back spacing. I am not truly sure what my American Outlaw Hollywood's back spacing is. I bet not 4.5":crying:

I was on a guided trail ride with Off Road Consulting. They wanted me to get more experience with how the traction control works. Lockers only if needed. I was very pleased at how my truck did other than laying rubber on my inner fenders. The ORC guide was also extremely helpful.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
If you had 38x12.5 youā€™d probably have been okay. That extra width is probably it, along with backspacing.

I wish they made a 38ā€,39ā€,40ā€ x 12.5ā€
A big-ish pizza cutter.

Iā€™d be curious your backspacing, for sure.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase