obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have any experience with MORE Offroad? ... I wanted an engine skid and found that MORE offered one in Aluminum, which was attractive due to it only being 20ish lbs. I don't rock crawl and only wanted some additional pan protection from kicked up rocks and/or sticks with the transmission lines running behind the pan.

I placed an order on 7/25 and my card was hit on 7/27. A week went by and I did not receive the product nor any updates. I reached out and was told it was suppose to ship the following week. Not a problem ... it's now been almost 3 wks. I've yet to receive the product and they are not responding to emails?

I understand if a product needs to be manufactured and in a lot of cases these companies operate build to order. But with that said they need to better communicate with their customers. I'm just curious if anyone else has purchased from them with a similar experience? ... I'm trying to be patient, but the lack of updates and the lack of any product being delivered has me concerned.

Update : I was able to get into contact with MORE through FB and received the skid plate. My impression is that it is a quality item and worth the wait. I installed the plate and my advise would be to make sure all hardware is loose when you go to fit the plate to the front brackets. Done in the proper order the plate bolts right up.

Jeep Gladiator MORE Offroad IMG_1542

Jeep Gladiator MORE Offroad IMG_1541

Jeep Gladiator MORE Offroad IMG_1540
Sponsored

Last edited:

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Never heard of them... But there full skid system at 1417 for aluminum is pretty damn cheap.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
They were quality products back in the 90’s. I don’t think they have quite moved with the times though.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Have you tried calling? Phone: (877) 533-7229

Sometimes emails are not the best way to get a response.

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
Does anyone have any experience with MORE Offroad? ... I wanted an engine skid and found that MORE offered one in Aluminum, which was attractive due to it only being 20ish lbs. I don't rock crawl and only wanted some additional pan protection from kicked up rocks and/or sticks with the transmission lines running behind the pan.

I placed an order on 7/25 and my card was hit on 7/27. A week went by and I did not receive the product nor any updates. I reached out and was told it was suppose to ship the following week. Not a problem ... it's now been almost 3 wks. I've yet to receive the product and they are not responding to emails?

I understand if a product needs to be manufactured and in a lot of cases these companies operate build to order. But with that said they need to better communicate with their customers. I'm just curious if anyone else has purchased from them with a similar experience? ... I'm trying to be patient, but the lack of updates and the lack of any product being delivered has me concerned.

I'm in Canada and ordered MORE's Hide-a-Step (four actually) from a Canadian reseller. The reseller charged me right away and then the product was backordered. Well, long story short, after cancelling the order and reordering from a different reseller, it took me 5 months to get the product. The resellers all kept staying MORE was having a hard time staying on top of orders and they should be in next week. This was the reply every time I made a inquire. Apparently the pandemic was to blame.... Not sure if I will ever order anything again from MORE. Cheers!

Sponsored

OP
OP
obrianmcc

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Have you tried calling? Phone: (877) 533-7229

Sometimes emails are not the best way to get a response.
Not yet ... they replied via email once, so I'm hoping they will do so again. Otherwise I will start calling. I'm trying to be patient, but like I said they have charged my card and then crickets?

OP
OP
obrianmcc

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in Canada and ordered MORE's Hide-a-Step (four actually) from a Canadian reseller. The reseller charged me right away and then the product was backordered. Well, long story short, after cancelling the order and reordering from a different reseller, it took me 5 months to get the product. The resellers all kept staying MORE was having a hard time staying on top of orders and they should be in next week. This was the reply every time I made a inquire. Apparently the pandemic was to blame.... Not sure if I will ever order anything again from MORE. Cheers!
I'm not liking those odds .... I just emailed them again today. If they do not respond I will start calling. They first responded and did confirm the skid needed to be made and that it would ship (2 1/2 wks ago)

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I had their dead pedal in both my JKs, it was a quality product, thinking of getting one for the JT from them.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
yo...Gladys….you say your an Ed Tech....are you past Military? or Reserve?

OP
OP
obrianmcc

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I had their dead pedal in both my JKs, it was a quality product, thinking of getting one for the JT from them.
It appears from their website that they do make some nice products. That's what initially drew me in. I searched a bit online before hitting the "buy" button to see if there were any strange reports and nothing came up. If they are behind on production ... I get that ... all I ask is for a response and proper estimate on a ship date.

Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Not yet ... they replied via email once, so I'm hoping they will do so again. Otherwise I will start calling. I'm trying to be patient, but like I said they have charged my card and then crickets?
Generally, they should have just authorized the card, and then it would've dropped off until they actually shipped the product. If the charge is a hard charge on your card, I would call them and request they refund you until the item is scheduled to ship.

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech

Also wondering if the current wildfires in Colorado may be causing issues......

OP
OP
obrianmcc

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Generally, they should have just authorized the card, and then it would've dropped off until they actually shipped the product. If the charge is a hard charge on your card, I would call them and request they refund you until the item is scheduled to ship.
That would be proper practice. Viewing from my phone makes it look like a charge. I'll need to log into my CC acct later and see if it shows different.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I definitely want to offroad more. Lots of experience there.
Sponsored