Sponsored

Morimoto XB LED Turn and DRL install HELP!

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Has anyone tried installing these on a non LED Gladiator?
I have the turns working great but neither of the DRLs work at all. The instructions are terrible!
Not getting any warnings for bulbs out or anything.
Sponsored

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Has anyone tried installing these on a non LED Gladiator?
I have the turns working great but neither of the DRLs work at all. The instructions are terrible!
Not getting any warnings for bulbs out or anything.
You can use a hand-held tuner (Tazer, Flashcal, etc.) to go into your computer to "turn on" the LED's. Your computer is programmed from the factory to operate the type of lights it came with in stock form. A dealer can do this too, but they'll charge you. If you get a tuner, it's very easy to do this. Plus there are a lot of added benefits of having your own tuner (updating your speedo for larger tires, reading/clearing trouble codes, etc.). I upgraded my fender and headlights on my old JL to the LED's. I had no trouble turning them on with my Flashcal tuner.

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2 door, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow
I installed these on my Max Tow - and totally agree on the instructions. If you installed using the included resistor you won't need to change your computer setting to LED. If you didn't install the resistor OR change the computer setting to LED you will have issues. They've worked flawlessly for over a year now for me. Still happy with them.

OP
OP
ScooterInTX

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Got the DRLs working fine. I also purchased the side markers from them but they won't come on at all

csandoval1988

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I was having problems with my DRL turning off by itself or turning off after using my turn signal. I had to go through 3 pairs with them before i got them working. No tazer is needed as stated above. I had them on my JL with no problem but kept getting errors on my JT. Last i talked to the techs they said the older models were throwing errors and they have since updated them

Sponsored

trizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Diesel
Can I get someone to confirm that these will work on the Sport S?

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2 door, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow
There are so many fender types these days its hard to be sure. Most Sport S flares are too narrow to accept these lights. Max Tow Sport S uses the wider flare. Maybe post a of your fender and light from the front.

trizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Diesel
There are so many fender types these days its hard to be sure. Most Sport S flares are too narrow to accept these lights. Max Tow Sport S uses the wider flare. Maybe post a of your fender and light from the front.
I don't even have my Gladiator yet. I ordered with halogens but want to replace ASAP. Was going to order these if I knew they fit. Mine isn't max tow. There website just says they won't work with the base sport trim. 🤷‍♂️

ImThe0ne

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I don't even have my Gladiator yet. I ordered with halogens but want to replace ASAP. Was going to order these if I knew they fit. Mine isn't max tow. There website just says they won't work with the base sport trim. 🤷‍♂️
I think the difference is if you have the painted flares or not, at least that has been my understanding thus far.
Sponsored