First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR / TJ / CJ5 / MB
Occupation
Elec Eng
Planning on calling or emailing today to get the 8" Billiebar brackets (should have waited, have the 5") but have an additional question...

I would like to keep my RTT low on bars but have an awning up a little higher. There is a video on youtube showing your RTT brackets for that purpose, just wondering if anyone has seen a better solution. I have the Diamondback cover like in the video.

I suppose I could lift the jeep but looking for a little cheaper solution :)

Jeep Gladiator Mounting an awning? 1646147936906
Sponsored

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I went to my local machine shop with my tent mounted. They hooked me up. I was patient and let them select the metallurgy (but asked for aluminum). I ended up getting some beefy brackets from some leftover plate. Cost me $50, including them helping me mount it at their shop. They loved the job, and it was literally me forcing money into the guy's pocket.

He now has his own gladiator, btw.

OP
OP
Jcsii

Jcsii

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR / TJ / CJ5 / MB
Occupation
Elec Eng
I went with a DIY set up with parts from Automation Direct as a comparison. Ended up spending about $170 on a 40x80 T-Slot setup for my shower. They cut to length and the shipping was relatively quick, 2 days. I will need to paint it in the future but ok for now.

The BIllieBars were packaged nicely and the bracketry seemed well engineered. For the heavier awning, well worth the extra $130 over the DIY solution.

For the goals I started with, Diamondback cover, awnings on each side and maintaining visibility out the back window I like the set up.

I REALLY wish the BillieBars had a weep hole for water, I'll probably drill some. Since the fasteners are not stainless (would not play well with the aluminum anyway) I expect it will cause a corrosion problem in the future for the nuts.

Jeep Gladiator Mounting an awning? bbars2
Jeep Gladiator Mounting an awning? bbars3
Jeep Gladiator Mounting an awning? bbars4
Jeep Gladiator Mounting an awning? bbars5
Jeep Gladiator Mounting an awning? bbar6
Sponsored