Mounting GMRS antenna

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Looking for the best place to mount a GMRS antenna. I know i saw a bracket somewhere to mount it to the trail rail system, but not finding it. Does anyone know of one. Or if you have a better place to mount it, please let me know. Post pictures and links if you have info to share.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lucifer

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
do you have a picture of it. what kind of mounting bracket did you use for the antenna

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Cool Tech has a new cowl mount that looks smooth. I've bought some of their other products and have been very happy.

Cool Tech antenna mount
Thanks for that. I currently have one on each side of the hood but I've been wanting to find a bracket to move my GMRS antenna to the driver side while maximizing separation from my ham antenna.

OP
OP
Lucifer

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Midironman, do you have a brand name for that bracket and where i can find it.. What's used to tighten it down to the hood?

OP
OP
Lucifer

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
That one looks good, and simple

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I have the same mount for my HAM and have been very happy with it.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Putting my Midland in today. Some thoughts and links.

I went with this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FN2FBML/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Several people on here recommended it. It was a decent price and I like the idea of having weather band easily accessible. Overall the kit is decent and gives good info on getting the FCC license. I opted for a passenger side mount. It is out of the way and I will still be able to mount a holster for my side arm by the driver. The kit has a quick release and I will be able to easily pull the radio and lock it in the center console if I leave the top off and the Jeep unattended. I can run it off the cigarette lighter, but I intend to hardwire it with the wires that I understand are under the glove box.

Drawbacks and solutions: The antenna is probably not effective. It mounts with a magnet and I would like something better.

I opted for this. I'd assume it will be mounted driver side and away from the radio antenna.
I went for the full kit with the antenna and adapter. It should be in shortly.

https://www.cooltechllc.com/2018-je...t_bracket_options-bracket_mount_hardware_only

The mount for the mic that came with the kit is not idea. It has sticky tape and will not affix properly. I had the mount fall off under its own weight. I'm not crazy about finding screws and drilling into my dash in a rather visible place so I ordered this:

https://topsyproducts.com/collectio...ccessories/products/universal-cb-mic-mount-jl

Pardon the wires in the pics. I wanted to give some reference.

5B91C2D3-1692-4B4D-AB22-E56B9227599A.jpeg

5C3B0F5F-1C74-4ADD-A8B7-25F398496932.jpeg

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have the same unit. I was able to tuck it under the carpet below the glove box and behind the dash area. Out of site. I used the pre-wire from the factory for accessories. Also used an NMO mount antenna on my back rack. Night and day different than the one that ships with it.
Sponsored