mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I originally installed these on the cowls, but never really liked how they looked there. So I moved them to the bumper. I think they look so much better mounted there. :) This will hold me over until I'm able to get a new bumper.

Lights1.jpg

Lights2.jpg

Lights3.jpg
Sponsored

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
That looks awesome! Did you just drill holes in the bumper and put a nut on both sides of a bolt? I have been thinking of doing something like this

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Details - please - what did you mount those lights too? as i haven't chosen a bumper yet I do want aux lighting on the bumper as more user friendly.

OP
OP
mikesjt

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
That looks awesome! Did you just drill holes in the bumper and put a nut on both sides of a bolt? I have been thinking of doing something like this
Thanks! Yes I drilled holes and used the hardware that came with the lights. Bolt, lock washer and nut.

OP
OP
mikesjt

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Details - please - what did you mount those lights too? as i haven't chosen a bumper yet I do want aux lighting on the bumper as more user friendly.
I drilled a hole in the bumper and mounted them using the hardware that came with the lights. Bolt, lock washer and nut. Really easy install.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar sells a set of mounts that attach to the frame and allows lights to be mounted between the bumper and grille. The Mopar part number is 82215428.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I originally installed these on the cowls, but never really liked how they looked there. So I moved them to the bumper. I think they look so much better mounted there. :) This will hold me over until I'm able to get a new bumper.

Lights1.jpg

Lights2.jpg

Lights3.jpg
I like what you did. If you used them on the cowl at night and then again when on the bumper I'm sure you noticed a huge difference as the cowl mounted lights often reflect a lot of light off the hood hurting night vision

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland

Lights1.jpg

Lights2.jpg

Lights3.jpg
new school lights with old school flair. Looks good.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Looks great! I was actually thinking of doing this with a low profile light bar

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! I was actually thinking of doing this with a low profile light bar
Here's what I did. I started with a set of the Mopar 82215428 mounts, but the lights were not tall enough to clear the rise in the bumper, so I improvised.

20191006_021945.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
mikesjt

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
mikesjt

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I like what you did. If you used them on the cowl at night and then again when on the bumper I'm sure you noticed a huge difference as the cowl mounted lights often reflect a lot of light off the hood hurting night vision
Thanks! Yea, they did shine some light on the hood when they were mounted on the cowl. All the way around, I like the look of them mounted to the bumper.

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
new school lights with old school flair. Looks good.
Not sure this works on a Sport - Looking under the bumper there isn't any bracing at that point of the bumper. I do like the brackets - explains why stock bumper is so light - not much behind it.

OP
OP
mikesjt

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure this works on a Sport - Looking under the bumper there isn't any bracing at that point of the bumper. I do like the brackets - explains why stock bumper is so light - not much behind it.
There really isn’t any metal bracing under the bumper where I mounted mine either. It’s just 2 layers of plastic. There is a metal brace an inch or so below the area where i drilled my holes, but the bolts I had wouldn’t be long enough. But you could get a 3” or so long bolt and drill down thru that metal plate and have it attached to some metal if you wanted to. I’ll see how much movement there is when I’m off-road with them just mounted thru the plastic. If they vibrate too much, I may drill on down into the metal and mount them with the longer bolts and try that.