First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
NOT making fun, genuine question for anyone else who answers, is a true dual possible without routing the passenger bank to the driver side then back over? Take pictures and sound clips once you get this done! I am sure a lot of people would love true duals.

OP
OP
Bradentucky

Bradentucky

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
NOT making fun, genuine question for anyone else who answers, is a true dual possible without routing the passenger bank to the driver side then back over? Take pictures and sound clips once you get this done! I am sure a lot of people would love true duals.
I was thinking that I would have to remove the Y and move the driver's side over to make room for the Passenger's side. then side-by-side to the rear axial then up and over and spilt to each side. If I don't like the sound I can add small resonators to each side before the tailpipe.

OP
OP
Bradentucky

Bradentucky

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I am not looking for a discussion as to why nor opinions about, but I am looking for someone with direct experience with to help me with my project.

I have removed the factory set up and going to "true-dual" straight pipes from the cats back. What I am looking for is information about what pipes and extensions for turning and running the pipes to the rear. Like a shopping list.

Please don't answer if you don't have the requested information or you just are going to make fun and try to be cleaver...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Florida Mojave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2018 JKU, 2021 JT Mojave
Following to know how this works out for you... I have also been very interested in the true duals, I have a custom shop near me I am trying to get in to so we can work this out...

OP
OP
Bradentucky

Bradentucky

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Following to know how this works out for you... I have also been very interested in the true duals, I have a custom shop near me I am trying to get in to so we can work this out...
I am trying to avoid the shop. I will take pictures and list the step by step if I get the information and the install is pretty straight forward.
Taking off the stock stuff was easy. The sound that I have now to too high pitched, but I am hoping with a run of pipe that it will come down to the sound that I am looking for, but I may have resonators ....we will see

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.
I was thinking that I would have to remove the Y and move the driver's side over to make room for the Passenger's side. then side-by-side to the rear axial then up and over and spilt to each side. If I don't like the sound I can add small resonators to each side before the tailpipe.
Are you planning to include an H-pipe to connect the two sides? Based on my admittedly dated dual-exhaust knowledge from my classic mustang days, the H-pipe is pretty crucial to efficient exhaust scavenging versus two fully separate pipe systems.

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
Are you planning to include an H-pipe to connect the two sides? Based on my admittedly dated dual-exhaust knowledge from my classic mustang days, the H-pipe is pretty crucial to efficient exhaust scavenging versus two fully separate pipe systems.
Follow up, will you be removing the exhaust loop on the driver side?

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.
A true dual exhaust is available from Mopar complete with cross-over (modern version of the old H-pipe)... as with all things Mopar it's not cheap at $1640 plus taxes, shipping, etc.... Cat Back Exhaust System - Mopar (82216276AA)

Sponsored

LouisvEarlleJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Earl
Should be able to utilize the back half of most bolt on dual kits out there.

You’ll need to have a pipe shop custom fab a crossover from the passenger side to meet up to the stock route then you should be able to run dual 1.5” or MAYBE dual 2” pipes right next to each other until you get to the rear axle. Keep in mind when doing true duals you don’t need as big of pipes as a single outlet.

Should be able to utilize factory hangers basically from the driver side cat back, I’d just have the shop spot weld a couple connectors between the pipes while they’re running parallel and just use the factory hangers to hold both up.

Of course you could also just have a shop run a straight pipe directly back and dump it at the back corner of the cab on each side. All depends on how clean you want it.

Medical_Bartender

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Willys, 2015 JK Willys, 2001 Ram 2500
Occupation
Active Duty
Subbed for a sound clip after plz. I just deleted my suitcase muffler but this is first I’ve heard of a true dual on the gladiator. 👍🏻

onewhippedpuppy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aerospace
I’ve had a lot of custom exhaust work done over the years. Find a shop that does a lot of hot rod exhaust where it’s true fabrication, not just welding together pre-bent tubing for family cars. If you took in your JT I bet they could help you put together a good plan pretty quickly.
Sponsored