smpas83

First Name
aram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator rubicon
E023D3E4-EEB4-4B73-AE7D-43D1042C0589.jpeg
Anyone else have an issue of showing only 245 miles left on a full tank and 11-12mpg in 8th gear at 2k rpm?

this just started it use to say 310 miles on a full tank and 15-16 mpg

Nothing changed.

I do have 35’s but I’ve had them for 8 months
Sponsored

OP
OP
smpas83

smpas83

First Name
aram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E023D3E4-EEB4-4B73-AE7D-43D1042C0589.jpeg
Anyone else have an issue of showing only 245 miles left on a full tank and 11-12mpg in 8th gear at 2k rpm?

this just started it use to say 310 miles on a full tank and 15-16 mpg

Nothing changed.

I do have 35’s but I’ve had them for 8 months
ANYONE????

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
That's your avg miles per gallon, not instant.

Have you been idling more (using remote start)

I know here in the winter, when I use the remote start warm mine up,it drops to around 12mpg. Obviously in LA you don't have that problem but maybe the opposite using the AC?

OP
OP
smpas83

smpas83

First Name
aram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's your avg miles per gallon, not instant.

Have you been idling more (using remote start)

I know here in the winter, when I use the remote start warm mine up,it drops to around 12mpg. Obviously in LA you don't have that problem but maybe the opposite using the AC?
The avg use to be 16 mpg. I don’t use the remote start as it isn’t that cold in Los Angeles.

and barely use the a/c right now.

thanks for responding

Walldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Reset your Trip A and it should reset the mileage calculator, see if it changes your numbers. Worth a shot

Sponsored

OP
OP
smpas83

smpas83

First Name
aram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reset your Trip A and it should reset the mileage calculator, see if it changes your numbers. Worth a shot
thanks but didn’t work. When filling up my truck it show I have 244 miles to go which use to say 315.

Do these trucks learn and adjust for driving conditions?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
thanks but didn’t work. When filling up my truck it show I have 244 miles to go which use to say 315.

Do these trucks learn and adjust for driving conditions?
The MPG shown on the dash display is a calculated estimate. Input from the sensors is used to adjust it for many factors including how the vehicle is driven and the load on the engine and transmission.

I reset Trip B every time I refuel. The MPG on the B display drops rapidly from the last estimate after reset while I sit idling and write down the info on the back of the gas receipt. I hand calculate and usually get a number a little bit less than the computer shows. Trip A has never been reset. After nine months and 7700 miles it shows a running estimate of 18.3 for MPG. My range estimate is around 325 miles after filling the tank, depending on how I've been driving. It's been as high as 407 miles during long distance highway driving.

catdaddy63

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTLE, 2019 Ram 1500 DT
I don't trust the trip computer. I keep track of fuel economy via the Fuelly app, it's free and very easy to set up and use. The only accurate way to keep track is hand calculate each fill-up and compare, Fuelly does that for you with the advantage of seeing trends,

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I use Fuelly also to track fuel and maintenance, and get reminders when it's time to do things. Very useful, easy to use. It helped me spot a trend in a previous vehicle that showed me a sensor was failing. If not for that, I might have wasted a lot of gas or done damage.

Dashboard MPG indicators are usually quite wrong. So far my Gladiator seems to be around .5-1 MPG optimistic.
Sponsored