MRSP price drop

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
According to the build tool, the MRSP has dropped significantly on the sport s I bought. It looks like the 8.4 inch radio is cheaper now (they don't charge for the 7" also). My sticker on my jeep is $48250. On the build tool, it's barely $45,000. They are advertising with employee pricing about $40,000 which is about $1,100 less than I paid after negotiating hard.
Sponsored

Bennett

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JT
Ouch. Guess we’ll see where this goes...

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
wow... I jsut used the tool to build what I bought a week ago.. Its a 4700 dollar difference. from whats on my window sticker.

I would be a little miffed if I didnt pay 10k less then that window sticker to begin with.

Edit: Nix that.. When I remove the employee pricing & add the destination charge its above my window sticker still.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
They are subtracting the Employee Pricing for all discount from the MSRP. So instead of discount off of MSRP by the dealer they are taking it off the top (so really its the same whether on lot or ordering). Its marketing - not a change in actual MSRP going forward.

If you look the Rubicon and Mojave (which don't get the Employee Pricing discount) have not changed their MSRP.

Sponsored

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
This is why I never look after I buy lol. Never fails some sale or something comes out after the fact.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
They droppped $3,500 off the sticker from mine purchased not even 2 months ago. I'm still $1,500 below the employee pricing but damn, that hurts.

They are subtracting the Employee Pricing for all discount from the MSRP. So instead of discount off of MSRP by the dealer they are taking it off the top (so really its the same whether on lot or ordering). Its marketing - not a change in actual MSRP going forward.

If you look the Rubicon and Mojave (which don't get the Employee Pricing discount) have not changed their MSRP.
Not what I'm seeing... for my config it's showing $40,670 MSRP and the $37,576 employee price. Mine was $44,100 sticker and $36k paid.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
I think they are messing with the MSRP because it has no bearing when it comes to the employee price. Employee price should be 5% off of invoice (so they have the ability here to just make up a discounted MSRP because it is irrelevant). If you use the price calculator spreadsheet here and look at price of 5% off invoice - - it should match what your seeing. It's all smoke and mirrors. And its not that they have lowered the MSRP of the trucks permanently - they even have the MSRP scratched through on the website showing that this is just a sale.

If they lower the MSRP but the invoice price stays the same - there is no lower price happening here. No one was every paying the MSRP. Now if the invoice price changed and then you get 5% off a lower invoice price .... then you have a major discount happening.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Except that they must have lowered the "invoice" price for new trucks. The MSPR now for my exact build is already below invoice when I paid (it was close to $41k).

They're likely lowering prices because the Gladiator has never been competitive in the segment.

The number of people who have asked me about my new truck and commented with "I love them but they're so expensive" because MSRP is 10% above everyone else is at least a dozen or so and I've been staying home since a week after I bought it due to COVID.

IMO the MSRP is coming down as will the deals. No other manufacturer has a standing offer for 7% off invoice (i.e. Koons) when you order a vehicle and that tells me there's a lot of leeway in their pricing between invoice/MSRP and actual cost. The deals will be less but this pushes the price down into the territory with other competitors up front.

Face it, those of us who bought might have been burned as early adopters... those with recent sales like myself less so (or maybe not at all if employee pricing is around the typical new deal price) but it's not surprising they're cutting prices when the base model barely competes with others in the segment and still comes with manual locks and windows.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
If they lower the MSRP but the invoice price stays the same - there is no lower price happening here. No one was every paying the MSRP.
I would unfortunately bet there are MANY buyers that walk into a dealership and don't haggle from the MSRP price be it from being too shy, timid, uneducated, uncaring, etc.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
I'll chime in on the "price drop". I bought a Sport S max tow JT back in January (https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ow-stoked-new-owner-11-5-under-invoice.27183/). At this time, they also had started the $2k rebate going for the non-rubicon models.

Some facts of mine when I bought it (all these include the $1495 destination charge):
MSRP: $45,160
EP: $41,513
Active Rebate: $2k
EP-Rebate: $39,513

Price I got it for: $38,799

When I go to build one today with the same equipment (and the popular equip option added), price comes out to $39,812, (not including the $1495 destination charge), $41,307 with the destination charge. Make sure you're including this in any pricing you see with the online build tool.

So the prices they're now showing are still a bit higher than the EP-Rebate pricing I saw in January, but they are still very good deals and IMO what the trucks should be selling for. It's not all just smoke and mirrors. Bonus is that you could order it online now and never have to talk to a salesperson.

Last edited:

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I'll chime in on the "price drop". I bought a Sport S max tow JT back in January (https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ow-stoked-new-owner-11-5-under-invoice.27183/). At this time, they also had started the $2k rebate going for the non-rubicon models.

Some facts of mine when I bought it (all these include the $1495 destination charge):
MSRP: $45,160
EP: $41,513
Active Rebate: $2k
EP-Rebate: $39,513

Price I got it for: $38,799

When I go to build one today with the same equipment (and the popular equip option added), price comes out to $39,812, (not including the $1495 destination charge), $41,307 with the destination charge. Make sure you're including this in any pricing you see with the online build tool.

So the prices they're now showing are still a bit higher than the EP-Rebate pricing I saw in January, but they are still very good deals and IMO what the trucks should be selling for. It's not all just smoke and mirrors. Bonus is that you could order it online now and never have to talk to a salesperson.
Ah, sneaky bastards. Didn't realize the builder tool didn't show destination anymore.

So it's come down a bit but nowhere near what deals people were seeing the past couple months. With all said and done it's showing mine is right at what invoice was so you're saving the destination fee up front plus whatever other negotiating you can do.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
Ah, sneaky bastards. Didn't realize the builder tool didn't show destination anymore.

So it's come down a bit but nowhere near what deals people were seeing the past couple months. With all said and done it's showing mine is right at what invoice was so you're saving the destination fee up front plus whatever other negotiating you can do.
It does show destination, you just have to click the (i) button by the price at the top header of the build tool to get to the payment summary page. It lists it on there.
Sponsored