First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Will be driving more on the road than off road but will be doing some off roading. What would be the best to go with?
Sponsored

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
I think the General consensus for a mainly on road but sometimes off road tire is the BFG KO2 AT.

ExitLeft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
unless You have a specific Offroad need Iā€˜d go with AT or a hybrid like the Nitto Ridge Grappler. Mud tires look awesome, but Iā€™ve had issues with them in the rain after some wear and they need more frequent rotations to minimize cupping. And they are LOUD. Just my .02

OP
OP

coachump4

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
unless You have a specific Offroad need Iā€˜d go with AT or a hybrid like the Nitto Ridge Grappler. Mud tires look awesome, but Iā€™ve had issues with them in the rain after some wear and they need more frequent rotations to minimize cupping. And they are LOUD. Just my .02
I had the Nitto Terra Grapplers on my F150 best tires I ever owned.

Sponsored

ExitLeft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Well Iā€™m planning on going with what comes on it until I have to purchase new tires
Sounds like a plan. not sure what trim level youā€™re buying, but I know the Rubi and Mojave have a no cost mud tire option and the dealers around here equip them all with it. I donā€™t see the point, Iā€™d rather have the All Terrains.

OP
OP

coachump4

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Sounds like a plan. not sure what trim level youā€™re buying, but I know the Rubi and Mojave have a no cost mud tire option and the dealers around here equip them all with it. I donā€™t see the point, Iā€™d rather have the All Terrains.
I will be purchasing the Rubicon either this month or next month

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Basically that is something you have to choose. MT = better clean out but tend to be louder but also have a more aggressive look to them. AT = great blend of clean out and AS performance, much quieter (in most cases) but lower in the aggressive stance so depending on what you prefer there you are. Pick a tire you can live with. The stock Rubi tire I do find to be a perfect blend for my taste. I like aggressive but too loud is obnoxious especially with daily commute and soft top.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I think the General consensus for a mainly on road but sometimes off road tire is the BFG KO2 AT.
Debatable between K02 and Ridge Grappler. I had KO2 on my last JK and went Ridge Grappler this time around. Iā€™m very happy with my choice. The KO2s are
undersized and donā€™t look as aggressive, and the Ridge Grapplers still ride nice.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
IMO generally mud tires are going to have less traction and grip in rain on pavement, also not as good in snow as most MTs are not siped.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
The stock Falken ATs are pretty nice on the road, very quiet tires, good ride. I had Duratracs on my TJ and they did great in everything....except thick mud. But overall fantastic tires that I would love to have again

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I have the stock Falken MTs on my truck. They aren't very loud, some road buzz but not usually noticable unless loaded down and on a curve, and have held up well with many off-road and highway miles on them.
Sponsored