Sponsored

Music in your Gladiator

CJ_Scottie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota TRD PRO, various old Cherokee Sports
Just wondering what you listen to in your gladiator.... or what kind of music "suits" you in your gladiator. As I've said before, I have not purchased one yet but I'm trying to put my playlist together now... I like all music, and there's so much to choose from but I'm thinking In these categories, what one song would you choose.

Rock: "Born to be Wild” –Steppenwolf

Hip hop: "Ridin’ Dirty” – Chamillionaire
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering what you listen to in your gladiator.... or what kind of music "suits" you in your gladiator. As I've said before, I have not purchased one yet but I'm trying to put my playlist together now... I like all music, and there's so much to choose from but I'm thinking In these categories, what one song would you choose.

I flip around a little on long drives, but 90% of what I listen to is SiriusXM Channel 25. If it's a long drive in the evening, I turn to Channel 114. I can go for long periods in silence. The noise is a distraction to try and keep the brain from picking something to think about or remember.

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Usually between SXM on Road Trip Radio or Pop Rocks and Android Auto with whatever random shit I feel like listening to on Spotify, usually my "Daily Drive" or my driving playlist.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Same thing that suites me in anything I drive - my other Jeep, or my other cars. That's why I like USB sticks - grab the music I want and copy it to all of 'em, it's always with me.

My wife has about 24 hours or so of music on her iPod so far, so she could drive for hours on her music and not hear repeats - unlike radio.

Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Music wise - classic rewind or y2country.
go to song? Well.....Adding a vinyl decal from the Cricut Maker this weekend to the back window to name my JTR “Cowboy Cadillac” Garth Brooks song that suits the JT perfectly. “If it’s a mountain she can crawl it, if it’s hay then She can haul it....” :like:

I’ll have to post a pick when it’s done.

Last edited:

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Pandora channel: Texas/Red Dirt Radio. Excellent country music that you'll never hear on FM or satellite radio. I grew tired of pop country music and the excessive talking/promoting on "commercial free" satellite radio; I just wanna listen to music.
The Turnpike Troubadours are my current favorite.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Years ago I started boycotting all RIAA-sponsored artists. Which is pretty much everyone you've ever heard of. At first, I was using Streamripper to find music from Europe. Then mp3.com from mostly nightclub acts and garage bands. And then, when Pandora came out, I seeded it with "Amethystium", an artist I learned about and purchased his music from mp3.com (before the RIAA sued it out of business).

What mp3.com did when they started allowing copyrighted works so folks could play them was wrong, don't misunderstand me. I'm not a pirate. I buy the music (and movies!) to which I listen (and watch). But the RIAA was after mp3.com even before that. They were after them because they didn't want you and I to be able to purchase music without those who contribute not one bit of talent to creating great music getting their cut.

That was all 20 years ago. During that time Pandora came into existence. And after many years of listening to it and telling it what I liked and didn't, it's gotten pretty good at playing what I like. And I expect very little of it have any of you ever heard of. But, if you'd really like a sampling, type "amethystium" into Pandora.

Meanwhile, when I find a song I like, I buy it on Amazon. I load the .mp3 file to my Pixel 2 phone and Nexus 7 tablet, which is what I use to listen to music in my Gladiator and Wrangler (respectively). Meanwhile, here's my current favorite: "Kiss of Life" by Ryan Farish. The bass on this is incredible on my home stereo system (and not too bad in the Gladiator with the uConnect 8.4") ...

My video collection--double deep. All playable from a hard drive RAID array throughout my home. Support those who's entertainment you enjoy: Buy their products.

IMG_20200103_061716.jpg

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
Pandora channel: Texas/Red Dirt Radio. Excellent country music that you'll never hear on FM or satellite radio. I grew tired of pop country music and the excessive talking/promoting on "commercial free" satellite radio; I just wanna listen to music.
The Turnpike Troubadours are my current favorite.
I love red dirt playlist. I got it on spotify, though. Also, the Troubadors are fantastic and it's a travesty that they split up

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
Podcasts...I don't listen to much music unless it's around Christmas.

Sponsored

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
Oddly I have been listening to more hip hop lately...it might be because I have a subwoofer again.

sad85XD

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon "Azazel"
Occupation
Auditor
Tool, Jethro Tull, Glass Animals, Baby Metal, Blood Sweat and Tears, Deftones, Debussy, Queens of the stone age, Phantogram, Aroura, Jinjer, Grimes, Heilung, Khruangbin, MSI, Dan Deacon, Elle Fitzgerald, Big Grams, Run the Jewels.

never country. :puke:

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
Tool, Jethro Tull, Glass Animals, Baby Metal, Blood Sweat and Tears, Deftones, Debussy, Queens of the stone age, Phantogram, Aroura, Jinjer, Grimes, Heilung, Khruangbin, MSI, Dan Deacon, Elle Fitzgerald, Big Grams, Run the Jewels.

never country. :puke:
That is quite a list.

JC

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
There's nothing better than dropping the windshield, opening up the top, and singing along with Willie and Leon on "Don't Fence Me In" while cruising in low range along a Moab backcountry trail. The 3 of us have serenaded more than our share of coyotes, jackrabbits, and deer through the years.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Years ago I started boycotting all RIAA-sponsored artists. Which is pretty much everyone you've ever heard of. At first, I was using Streamripper to find music from Europe. Then mp3.com from mostly nightclub acts and garage bands. And then, when Pandora came out, I seeded it with "Amethystium", an artist I learned about and purchased his music from mp3.com (before the RIAA sued it out of business).

What mp3.com did when they started allowing copyrighted works so folks could play them was wrong, don't misunderstand me. I'm not a pirate. I buy the music (and movies!) to which I listen (and watch). But the RIAA was after mp3.com even before that. They were after them because they didn't want you and I to be able to purchase music without those who contribute not one bit of talent to creating great music getting their cut.

That was all 20 years ago. During that time Pandora came into existence. And after many years of listening to it and telling it what I liked and didn't, it's gotten pretty good at playing what I like. And I expect very little of it have any of you ever heard of. But, if you'd really like a sampling, type "amethystium" into Pandora.

Meanwhile, when I find a song I like, I buy it on Amazon. I load the .mp3 file to my Pixel 2 phone and Nexus 7 tablet, which is what I use to listen to music in my Gladiator and Wrangler (respectively). Meanwhile, here's my current favorite: "Kiss of Life" by Ryan Farish. The bass on this is incredible on my home stereo system (and not too bad in the Gladiator with the uConnect 8.4") ...

My video collection--double deep. All playable from a hard drive RAID array throughout my home. Support those who's entertainment you enjoy: Buy their products.

IMG_20200103_061716.jpg
Do you have a Plex server? I have Tablo and record a lot of stuff from OTA tv - and then export from my Tablo to my big system in my office downstairs. Through the LG web TV or tablo, I can watch pretty much anything, anywhere. My shop is networked as well so technically I could watch tablo recordings or exported stuff out there on one of the TVs.
Sponsored