Sponsored

Must have options from factory?

TNJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
Hey Jeep truckers,

Looking at building a JT and wondering what options are must haves from the factory and why.
Specifically:
-the bed outlet- i'm disappointed it is only 400 watts, but from what i have researched here in the threads, it is quite difficult to add later. I can always add a separate mounted inverter later for more wattage, but is the factor bed outlet worth it to those that have used it?
- LED lights- I am thinking about retrofitting these later and not necessarily ordering them from the factory at the factory price
- manual tranny is a must for me

Can someone tell me the benefit or usefulness of the models that come with the wide axles (i.e. rubicon)

Thank you.
Sponsored

Dennis K

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fineartamerica.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Gecko Sport S with Mack's Toe
Occupation
Ret
Hey Jeep truckers,

Looking at building a JT and wondering what options are must haves from the factory and why.
Specifically:
-the bed outlet- i'm disappointed it is only 400 watts, but from what i have researched here in the threads, it is quite difficult to add later. I can always add a separate mounted inverter later for more wattage, but is the factor bed outlet worth it to those that have used it?
- LED lights- I am thinking about retrofitting these later and not necessarily ordering them from the factory at the factory price
- manual tranny is a must for me

Can someone tell me the benefit or usefulness of the models that come with the wide axles (i.e. rubicon)

Thank you.
The Sport S Max Tow comes with Dana 44s. I think the Rubi has Dana 60s... I believe they're a bit beefier and gives more tire and wheel options...
I concur with the aux switches, but there are add-ons that look and work pretty good, just not built in... Although you can get the OEM switches for self install with a computer flash...

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Rubicons definitely do not come with Dana 60's. All come with Dana 44's. The wider axles help you fit bigger tires without other modifications, and improve stability, maybe a few other things. Gearing is stronger as well at 4.10, instead of 3.73

Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The Sport S Max Tow comes with Dana 44s. I think the Rubi has Dana 60s... I believe they're a bit beefier and gives more tire and wheel options...
I concur with the aux switches, but there are add-ons that look and work pretty good, just not built in... Although you can get the OEM switches for self install with a computer flash...
No model gets Dana 60's. All Gladiators get Dana 44's but only Rubicon, Mojave, and Max tow get the wide track Dana 44's.

If I were to order again, I'd get the aux switches and the factory LED's. if you go aftermarket LED's, your gonna have to either get a programmer or have the dealer flash your truck for the LED's.

I like the trail rail system, but people have made their own for cheaper (but the factory option does include the inverter when you get the rails)

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
The Sport S Max Tow comes with Dana 44s. I think the Rubi has Dana 60s... I believe they're a bit beefier

This is not correct, ALL JT's come w Dana 44's.

Rubi, Majo, and Max Tow come with the wide track dana 44's.

Majo have thicker tubs.

Different JT's have different knuckles, Diesels have a different version than the sports, Moj also different. I'm not 100% on the details on those.

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
auto tranny. more reliable and higher tow rating than manual. The auto has a manual mode when needed. The manual has a history of clutch problems (overheating).

Wider axles come with rubicon and max tow.

Sallaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
this is just my opinion on some of the options and It really depends on what you use it for, what you plan to upgrade, what you dont mind upgrading yourself and how long you plan on keeping it.

Max tow is a lot of bang for your buck and great if you plan on towing and/or adding bigger tires but if you dont tow and dont plan on upgrading to 35s its not necessary

The factory led’s look nice but there are a lot of led options out there that look really good and are a little cheaper… just dont go too cheap if you go the aftermarket route

The fully upgraded stereos with (alpine add on) sound pretty good but for the same amount of money you could have a really nice stereo that would be more easily upgraded when the next round of tech comes out. But if you trade your vehicle in after 3 to 5 that probably isnt going to matter.

Factory remote start works well but you can have nicer 2 way long range remote start added for about the same price

leather seats look nice but you can add those later with the same quality for around the same price if not cheaper and have a lot of additional color and design choices..

heated seats… if you live in a cold area get it from the factory…

Sponsored

Dennis K

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fineartamerica.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Gecko Sport S with Mack's Toe
Occupation
Ret
This is not correct, ALL JT's come w Dana 44's.

Rubi, Majo, and Max Tow come with the wide track dana 44's.

Majo have thicker tubs.

Different JT's have different knuckles, Diesels have a different version than the sports, Moj also different. I'm not 100% on the details on those.
"This is not correct, ALL JT's come w Dana 44's."

Looks to me the Max Tow option includes the Dana 44s...
Jeep Gladiator Must have options from factory? 1632194055890

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
Im a little surprised how much I love the heated steering wheel, so I’d put the Cold Weather Pkg towards the top of the list.
Move to Texas, all cars get a free heated steering wheel, no matter the make or model.
Sponsored