Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I should be reimburused in full do to the fact that this is a manufacturer defect. my truck was not even a year old. I did not plan on selling or trading my vehicle in. Jeep should at least honor as a lemon law. I cannot get a new jeep with factory lift and oversize wheels which I purchased my Jeep with. so I should take a $23k loss? put yourself in my position. would you be willing to take a $23k loss on a vehicle that you just purchased? where is justice here?
This just isn’t how it works but i understand where you’re coming from. It’s likely an insurance issue and you’re out $23k unless you can get them to come up on the premise their offer is too low for market of a stock vehicle with that year and mileage (others here probably know more than me on this one!). For future vehicles look into full cash value insurance — very different pricing model though.
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
@
My 2022 Jeep Gladitor burned to the ground August 06, 2023. Jeep claims no responsibility for the cause of fire. I had 2,536 miles on my Gladiator. I had $71k in the vehicle. did not drive all last winter because I did not want snow, salt, slush on my Gladiator. My insurance company "Allstate" offered me $47k. 2 1/2 months have gone by and no claim payout. How does a fire start on a vehicle that is parked and turned off and a cold engine?

Jeep#3.jpg
I haven’t read through the entire thread but ive seen a lot of good advice.

first and foremost…TALK TO A LAWYER. Even if you pay a small consultation fee at least they can be your legal guide and conscious.

id also consider adding the dealership into your quest for full value recovery. From what ive read it sounds like you bought it with the accessories…so the dealer who sold it to you MAY have some liability there.

id also go to a walk in clinic and get your blood pressure / other vitals checked a couple times. If you retain a lawyer it WILL help any case to prove adverse health effects due to the stress of this entire process. I know that sounds/feels dirty and immoral. But stress related health chages are real and if you have them, a lawyer should know and have proof.

I hope this starts to turn in your favor my friend. Awful situation

Wildtoad

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
Occupation
Retired, former mainframe computer bit twiddler
Did you have replacement coverage or ACV? Actual Cash Value will never cover the entire purchase price to replace, most likely what your vehicle would go for at auction.

ShrimpHappens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport S
Heck, I had a squirrel eat through Christmas lights in the front yard.
In 2020 I spent a few hundred bucks doing my roofline in nice LED Christmas lights. Lasted 10 days before squirrels started chewing the bulbs off.

After multiple, multiple sessions of being up on the extension ladder in the dark after work butt-splicing things back together, I said screw it and trashed them all.

I still occasionally find bulbs in the yard.

mpsoldier

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
LE
Shouldnt I be paid for at least the $71k I paid to the dealership?
Isn't that a Gap Insurance issue? It was my understanding that gap insurance covered the value of the outstanding loan versus value of the vehicle due to depreciation.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Isn't that a Gap Insurance issue? It was my understanding that gap insurance covered the value of the outstanding loan versus value of the vehicle due to depreciation.
He has no loan though. He's just facing the uncomfortable truth that what he paid for it back then may not be what it's worth today.

Alpine Warthog

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 98 XJ
Occupation
Retired Mil Police
Can't expect a company or a person to agree to something they weren't told about. Like everybody else said, unless you told them it was on there, they aren't responsible for it. Just like they aren't responsible for the laptop or the gold bars that were inside the glove box......

insurance.JPG

mumbo

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Brother in law had similar thing happen. Mice had been chewing on wiring all winter.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't expect a company or a person to agree to something they weren't told about. Like everybody else said, unless you told them it was on there, they aren't responsible for it. Just like they aren't responsible for the laptop or the gold bars that were inside the glove box......

insurance.JPG
Fixed it for you. Can't forget the inflated perception of personal investment.

Jeep Gladiator My 2022 Gladiator burned down... how? 1698165630502

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Insurance offers plans for additional equipment as well. If insurance was only on the vehicle and not additional coverage for lights, lift, tires, wheels, etc... the owner is SOL.

Depreciation is a s**t deal as well, since it doesn't just affect your vehicle's value, but the stuff in/on your vehicle. Years ago I had my vehicle broken into and multiple sunglasses, leather bag, and miscellaneous stuff taken. Totalled up to about $1k (Oakley & Persol sunglasses) and the check I got from insurance was $180.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Watching this. Horrified by your loss, and the potential for wider damage. Is there a known issue with the Gladiators?
There have been other fires in Gladiators.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.....?

I don't think there's any vehicle model out there that hasn't had a fire in it at some point. Not sure what you're getting at. Are you saying the mere occurrence of a fire makes it a known Gladiator issue?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
And Ford pickups and in Chevy cars and...........
The problem is, it's like a tick or a misfire. People assume if they find out about 10 fires, that all 10 were the same cause, the same circumstances.
My engine has a misfire - so what do I need to replace to fix it? That's what people come in with - not understanding anything about engines or cars or wiring or even fires.
The misfire could be any one of dozens of things - and could even be caused by more than one thing.
Same for the fires we've seen. Two of the pictures I've seen we actually figured out began under the truck in one case, in the bed of the truck in another - that one they had custom wiring and accessories back there. So was that a Jeep thing?
The fire under the vehicle - turned out to be a manual transmission......... so don't connect THAT fire with one in a JT with an automatic.
Don't connect the other fire that started in the back to one that starts in the engine bay with unknown electrical connections done by who the heck knows.
Sadly, these days of the internet "anyone can do it" is the thing when in fact, "most SHOULD NOT" is the fact. I'd bet I can find some risks with at least 1/4 of all electrical accessories or lights installed on Jeeps. But let there be a fire "no, a pro installed that stuff" or "no, I know what I'm doing".
I've been at it for decades, even complete vehicle re-wires from scratch, patching up truck fires due to faulty camper wiring to the rear, and more - and yet to this day, it's possible for me to make a mistake - drill and nick a wire, pinch a wire when installing brackets, whatever. I've caught myself really close to those situations, but am so paranoid and such a perfectionist, I take the time to triple-check myself.
Most won't - they'll tap into those wires, drop in a cheap fuse holder - there, all good. But - is that fuse matched to the load and wire being used?

When I see Jeep fires - my first thought is actually - OK, who wired what, where are the accessories........... not "Jeep does it again" because we see and assume because we've seen other Jeep fires, it must be a Jeep thing.
Maybe it's because Jeep has the most self-described experts wiring stuff willy-nilly into them?
Dunno, but until the NHTSA does a formal investigation and roots out the facts, I'm not ready to blame Jeep quite yet.

I can think back to several vehicle fires I've passed on I80 or I35 around here, and the burned vehicle pulled into shops were I worked.
Being involved with shows, why in the world would you want a fire extinguisher by every vehicle in that show when they are just sitting there??? Some of these have brand new wiring installed by pros and modern electrical systems, and yet.............

One thing to consider - Jeep may have more fires because Jeep has more experts wiring accessories of all types - good and cheapy, wired into them in all sorts of ways.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Brother in law had similar thing happen. Mice had been chewing on wiring all winter.
I hate those meeces to pieces....

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Mice chewed part of the plastic shield off my alternator and took 30 shits on my battery felt cover. I hate the damn things. I have a strobe light and ultrasonic annoyer in there now. It sucks that it's a permanent battery draw but whatever.
Sponsored