www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
I am working on a 3 part axle and gear video blog for my youtube channel. Its covering the ins and out of our axles, custom 35 spline shafts, and some other stuff. Hope you guys are as excited as I am. I am the test rig for the first to market 35 spline shafts. The company did not sponsor me, I am all out of pocket for this stuff. I just happened to ask the right question at the right time.

I will post here as my videos become available. Build what you got. TEWLTALK

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3bXfa72bJgUAoALLvKNJ8A?view_as=subscriber
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brfertig [HACKED ACCOUNT]
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
The champion of the Locker market has always been ARB, many have come along and made great equivalents but it still has the venerable fast acting Locking engagement. The ARB once had a 20 year patent on the tech, making them the best ever.
Well now that the patent expired Yukon, OX, and everyone else makes lockers now. BUT NOT FOR THE Gladiator. Arb locker is the only one available for the Advantek axle.

I am excited to share my journey of research, buying, and building a Sport S with ARB air lockers. The front is the model RD245 for the rear of a JL. That is why so many are confused. The idea was to make it to the JL but the market has not caught up for whatever reason you want to add. Slow sales, Covid, blah blah.

There were a couple sites that openly gives you specs on the rd245 and shows them available for the front and rear of the sport. I called those vendors first but nothing was worth the squeeze. They probably get tons of calls about stuff like this but I was ready to pull the trigger on some parts. And had a hard time getting call backs.

I am in Guam and reached out to my old Jeep faithful parts guys. I bought from East Coast Gear Supply. I came out of pocket on this whole build and I dont care where I buy gear as long as it ships to Guam. They were awesome and packed it so it would work for USPS military. I am without a shop and many of my tools but I still have my bearing puller, case spreader, and dial indicator, so it was time to do an install! YEAH!

So here is my first of many videos on building the ultimate dana 44s in the Gladiator Sport.

FRONT
Dana Spicer 10044469 FAD Delete Chromoly Front axle shaft kit. 749
ARB RD245

REAR ( I call it TITAN44)
ECGS 1.5" 35 Spline Chrome Moly Rear Axle Shaft Kit
Set80 Wheel Bearings
Tone Ring
Axle Shaft Seals
Set80 Shaft Bearing Retainer
ARB RD246

TITAN DANA 44 (after the Nissan Titan since it shares many parts with the JT Dana 44)
This is not the official name or anything but that is what I am calling my setup. The Defunct Superior Gear used to have the Super44 and some have called the Ultimate44 but they were not 35 spline. This is like dana 60 sized shafts. LOL. Titan should be able to be trademarked since its alxe parts and not a vehicle.

Intro to my build and parts details.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
Probably the most overlooked and costly mod, gears and lockers are a behind the scenes champion of Jeeps. It doesn't look cool so most won't spend money here. I am for the guy who is a real gear head. So here we go.

IMG-20200522-WA0014.jpg

20200514_195909.jpg

20200514_195904.jpg

20200514_195815.jpg

20200507_174307.jpg

20200404_172618.jpg

20200323_121018.jpg

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
That locker looks to have a crack in it above the model number RD245

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
Deep dive into what the difference is between Jeep Axles from the Rubicon to the M220 M210 there is a lot to talk about here.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
NEW for 2020 Super 44 Ultimate 35 Spline Set80 set 80 Dana 44 Build M220 M210 Gladiator JT Wrangler JL

Last edited:

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
This seems to be a passionate discussion. Coming from 2 Rubicons in the past, I agree the Rubi is awesome for a truck. But there is more.
I am hoping for helical diffs for my stock Overland.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
Are you doing the Helical LSD for sand in florida or what are your plans? I would like to hear your build plan.

I have the LSD in the rear of my truck now. I think its plenty for 90 percent of what I am doing but I want the Locker for the 10 percent of the time. My truck is an ISLAND build right now but I am looking at going back home to Colorado. I want to turn the truck into my camping, trail rig.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Are you doing the Helical LSD for sand in Florida or what are your plans? I would like to hear your build plan.

I have the LSD in the rear of my truck now. I think its plenty for 90 percent of what I am doing but I want the Locker for the 10 percent of the time. My truck is an ISLAND build right now but I am looking at going back home to Colorado. I want to turn the truck into my camping, trail rig.
Well, I don't even have it yet! On order, supposed to be delivered sometime in June.

Most of my offroading is in sandy soils, including beaches, but no beaches in Florida, since Daytona is the only place you can beach drive, and that is a joke. (You drive 10mph between traffic cones with police looking on. Anyway, the sand is so hard you don't even need 4WD).

I have great plans to go to many beaches all over the U.S. I am sure, though that rocky trails will happen, too. A few years ago I had a rental car in Sedona, AZ, and saw 4x4 only trails. I will go back there some day with my Jeep!

Sorry for the long answer, I can be wordy. I ordered conventional LSD in the rear, but would like to put helicals in both F & R.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
dream of a jeep,

On the contrary, I like hearing build plans. There are a million ways to build a Jeep. The great thing is its not forever and why not get it done. If you don't like it change it. I would love to do 60s but thought I would try this and find the limits of this combo.

I had a 30 spline super kit in my TJ before I bought a rubicon. Neither broke but I didn't abuse them.

Figured I would be the guinea pig and try this new way of building a Gladiator.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Very interested in this. This will be my next mod.
Call these guys and ask them when it will be available. They are great to deal with. I have spent about 3700 with them over many orders. Great customer service.

Jon
ECGS Sales
566 Airport Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.EastCoastGearSupply.com
919-672-2705

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
I'd like a helical limited slip for my Sport S MT- in conditions where the roads are snowy or slushy enough to benefit from extra traction, but not to have full 4WD engaged, the helical diff is the bee's knees. Had a factory option helical diff in a 2006 Ram 2500 CTD and it was amazing how well it could hold traction with 610 ft lbs of torque on tap, and go uphill in the snow or on wet grass without 4wd.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation