Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Writer of code, designer of things
37 12.5 17 Kanati trail hogs on 17x7.5 stock wheels without spacers

315 70 17 BFG KO2S on 17x7.5 stock wheels no spacers.

You can see the 315 70 17 ones are slightly wider than the 37 12.5 17 ones. You can mount them on the stock wheels no issues. Discount will mount them all day long, no danger in it.
I think most tire places will mount wide tires to narrow rims, it's not a safety issue, the only issue is it causes faster or uneven wear since the tread surface will be more bowed at highway pressures. At least that's what a 4x4 specialty tire shop I trust told me.
Sponsored

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
I kinda sorta am able to navigate the interwebs, but using the search function here and over at the JL place has done nothing but boggle my mind.
I’ll try and lay it out without meandering too much.
1. BFG KO2’s come in 35” and 315 that seem to have quite a bit difference in price. Which are most folks preferring on a Mojave Gladiator? And why one over the other?
2. Leveling and slightly lifting a Mojave, I see AEV mentioned frequently. Just go with them above all others? Spacers and something I can do in my driveway is what I’m seeking.
3. Wheels wheels and more wheels! Going to be a Gobi Mojave and I HATE Black wheels. Searching all over for a Tan or Sand colored wheel and they are few. Is anyone running some of the matte Bronze that they wouldn’t mind posting some pics of? Not going to be Machined or Aluminum colors. Prefer to have an Earthtone on Gobi. Is powder coating going to be my only real option in order for it not to clash?

I’ve got so many other questions that get lost in the shuffle while searching but I’ll start with these. Thanks for the links and pics incoming. You are a great bunch of folks. If only I were forty years younger these searches might be simpler.
I was never comfortable with a conundrum..... maybe it's just me

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I think most tire places will mount wide tires to narrow rims, it's not a safety issue, the only issue is it causes faster or uneven wear since the tread surface will be more bowed at highway pressures. At least that's what a 4x4 specialty tire shop I trust told me.
You gotta run more air pressure depending on the side wall but I have had zero issues getting 50+ thousand miles out of BFG KO2s on stock wheels in 35 12.5 17. My 37 12.5 17 Kanati trail hogs just turned over 19,000 miles with them installed on stock wheels and they have only lost 2/10th tread in that amount of time and they are wearing evenly. I run them at 34psi. At that rate I should get close to if not more than 50,000 miles out of them. If I can get over 40,000 miles on a set of tires it's a plus.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
One tire company makes a 35x11.50x17 A/T also - Toyo?

Sponsored

OP
OP
aceisback

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
I was never comfortable with a conundrum..... maybe it's just me
I ain't comfortable with it either, which is why I'm seeking the assistance from the wealth of knowledge that you fine folks provide.

OP
OP
aceisback

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I need to update concern/question number 2. I had thought that AEV did the leveling kit I was previously looking at. It is Teraflex.
So going with a 35/315 tire and the leveling kit sans a lift was sort of what I was asking. I'm buying the Mojave specifically for the suspension that it has. I would still like a mild spacer lift and definitely the leveling spacers to eliminate the rake.
Hope that generates a few more answers. Some nice wheel recommendations coming in, wish the pics were on some old Gobi Gladiators.

RMFSJT

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 K1500, 13 Focus ST, 23 JT Rubicon
I need to update concern/question number 2. I had thought that AEV did the leveling kit I was previously looking at. It is Teraflex.
So going with a 35/315 tire and the leveling kit sans a lift was sort of what I was asking. I'm buying the Mojave specifically for the suspension that it has. I would still like a mild spacer lift and definitely the leveling spacers to eliminate the rake.
Hope that generates a few more answers. Some nice wheel recommendations coming in, wish the pics were on some old Gobi Gladiators.
I grew up in your area Still have family and lots of friends in Yucca. A leveled Mojave is going to be awesome out there! As far as wheels find a style you like and powder coat them Gobi. Maybe some orange calipers behind them.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
If you use Google, input your search words and then end with gladiator.

3. Wheels wheels and more wheels! Going to be a Gobi Mojave and I HATE Black wheels. Searching all over for a Tan or Sand colored wheel and they are few. Is anyone running some of the matte Bronze that they wouldn’t mind posting some pics of?
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/bronze-wheel-pics.28599/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/wheels-just-not-black.34042/

https://www.extremeterrain.com/fuel...matte-black-ring-wheel-17x9-d78517907545.html

OP
OP
aceisback

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sooo much Bronze! And a bunch of these are way out of my price range. Looks like powder coating is what it’s going to come down to. Gonna start researching local shops.
Appreciate your input.

Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Looks like powder coating is what it’s going to come down to. Gonna start researching local shops.
Appreciate your input.
Couple shades lighter or darker than the body color = :like:

OP
OP
aceisback

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This here wheel in a Desert Tan is EXACTLY what I would love to have. Not to busy, easy to clean, and an old school classic look.
Maybe Black lug nuts to tie it back in with Black fenders. Anybody agree???
Jeep Gladiator My Conundrum 🥺 BBD096B7-0423-4544-A86D-56B631348869

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
I’m planning on 315s once I get a bit more use out of my stock tires. Mainly because of the load rating and I think they might be a bit lighter. Here are my bronze wheels. DX4 Rebels from discount tire.

30570A69-D2C1-4EEF-9437-832C2A1E8D35.jpeg