My First Bronco Sighting

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Yesterday after seeing the Purple Jeep Gladiator. Had a Bronco Sasquatch Package pull up next to me at the light on my way home. First time I have seen one up close and in person so to speak. I am assuming it was on perhaps 37" tires as it sat much higher than my JT on the stock Rubi take off tires and rims with not lift. Nice looking vehicle but perhaps its just me that thing looked friggin huge. I put my window down and shot him a thumbs up on the unit. He looked at me and then just turned his head back forward ignoring me and then eventually drove off. I had all the doors and top off, etc so perhaps he was just jealous (LOL).
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
Yesterday after seeing the Purple Jeep Gladiator. Had a Bronco Sasquatch Package pull up next to me at the light on my way home. First time I have seen one up close and in person so to speak. I am assuming it was on perhaps 37" tires as it sat much higher than my JT on the stock Rubi take off tires and rims with not lift. Nice looking vehicle but perhaps its just me that thing looked friggin huge. I put my window down and shot him a thumbs up on the unit. He looked at me and then just turned his head back forward ignoring me and then eventually drove off. I had all the doors and top off, etc so perhaps he was just jealous (LOL).
They are pretty cool. But yes, they are huge. That makes a big difference in many of the places I squeeze (literally) my Jeep.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Yeah, they are similar in footprint, but since the bronco is a big box that goes all the way out to where the JT fenders and bumpers stop, it ends up looking huge.

To me, a JT doesn't look right until it's lifted and/or has the right tires. The Bronco is that times a hundred. The non-squatched ones look comical. The loose, ill-fitting soft tops don't help.

Jeep Gladiator My First Bronco Sighting 1640627760277

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, they are similar in footprint, but since the bronco is a big box that goes all the way out to where the JT fenders and bumpers stop, it ends up looking huge.

To me, a JT doesn't look right until it's lifted and/or has the right tires. The Bronco is that times a hundred. The non-squatched ones look comical. The loose, ill-fitting soft tops don't help.

1640627760277.png
Yea I'm sure a lifted JT on some larger tires would have fit more in perspective to the Sasquatch package. My wife was like man I thought your JT was a box on wheels but that is an even bigger box on wheels

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
I put my window down and shot him a thumbs up on the unit.... I had all the doors and top off, etc so perhaps he was just jealous (LOL).
Wait: you had the doors off, but you put the window down? How does that work? :CWL:

Sponsored

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
It's not a pick-up, so its impossible to compare to a JT. Maybe to a Wrangler....

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait: you had the doors off, but you put the window down? How does that work? :CWL:
Yep sorry typo its the first time I have ever had my doors off. You know its funny I yesterday I kept trying to lock my truck and was constantly reaching for the window buttons. Its so ingrained the mechanics. My wife was asking me yesterday why did I keep reaching for the window button

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I think they look good. I’m usually not about talking to strangers either, so I get why some people may come across as ignorant, but it could just shynesss and being introverted.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I’m starting to see a decent amount of the soft top models. No hard tops, which I understand with the production issues.

Sponsored

Sdsteph

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non UAW
Yep sorry typo its the first time I have ever had my doors off. You know its funny I yesterday I kept trying to lock my truck and was constantly reaching for the window buttons. Its so ingrained the mechanics. My wife was asking me yesterday why did I keep reaching for the window button
Drove my mother to Chicago over Christmas in her CRV. Darned if I didn't keep reaching for the window switch on her radio controls...

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've started to see quite a few around here in the DFW area. I think they're pretty cool vehicles. They get a lot of hate from Jeep groups like this, but competition brings improvements, so I'm happy to see a Wrangler/Gladiator competitor.
That is the first one I have seen around here. Have seen a number of the sport models. I would imagine more will start popping up. My brother in law is dying to buy one. I keep egging him on to just go get the thing. He went from Taco to Tundra and then was really wanting Bronco but then went back into a Taco just recently. Not gonna live forever go have fun with it now

JT Thomas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 09 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
U.S. Army (Retired)
I have seen a few around. I like the look of them but man they look wide to me too.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
I've now seen more Mavericks (2) and Santa Cruz (1) in the wild than than I've seen Bronco (2).

Southeast/central NH.
Sponsored