Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2003 TJ Rubicon Tomb Raider, 2021 JT Rubicon, XJ's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Thanks for checking out my build! This is the first modern Jeep I've owned - my first true love for Jeeps really sparked when I bought my 2003 Jeep TJ Wrangler Rubicon Tomb Raider Edition (If you want to know more about her check out my IG page @TombRaider_Wrangler or YouTube Channel Hard Knox Garage).

The Gladiator has been a lot of fun so far and I am looking forward to traveling farther and adventuring more! MY 3 fur babies and 2 kids fit a little better in the JT! I built the TJ for offroading/rock-crawling, where as the JT will be an all around adventure vehicle - as we all know driving a boat through narrow, dense New England terrain is not ideal 😂

Mods/Upgrades on the JT so far:
MetalCloak 3.5" GameChanger Suspension & Lift Kit
Tazer JL Mini
Fuel Off-road Wheels - Covert 17x9 - Model D695
Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 37x12.5x17
DCS Lighting - JT Rock Light Kit - Red
DCS Lighting Grill Light Kit - Red
DCS Lighting V3 Hood Lights
Warn Industries VR EVO 10 Winch

Future Mods/Upgrades (Hopefully 🤞)
SmartCap EVO
MetalCloak Frame Built Bumper
MetalCloak Overland Rocker & Flip Step Kit
MetalCloak "Baller" Joints
MetalCloak Rocklander Hinge Step
MetalCloak Overland Tube Fenders
GoMammut Bunker Summit Roof Top Tent
Bulletpoint Phone Mount

Jeep's are never really done and the direction may change. I will be going with the flow on this build and upgrading as the needs come.
Thank you for checking out my build thread! 🤘

If you want to follow along, this is where you can find my Jeeps & I
Tomb Raider Edition TJ - Instagram
Hard Knox Garage - Instagram
Hard Knox Garage - Facebook
YouTube Channel

All my Partners & Discounts Listed Below
Partners & Discounts

IMG_7193.JPG

IMG_8070.JPG

IMG_7678_jpg.JPG
Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for checking out my build! This is the first modern Jeep I've owned - my first true love for Jeeps really sparked when I bought my 2003 Jeep TJ Wrangler Rubicon Tomb Raider Edition (If you want to know more about her check out my IG page @TombRaider_Wrangler or YouTube Channel Hard Knox Garage).

The Gladiator has been a lot of fun so far and I am looking forward to traveling farther and adventuring more! MY 3 fur babies and 2 kids fit a little better in the JT! I built the TJ for offroading/rock-crawling, where as the JT will be an all around adventure vehicle - as we all know driving a boat through narrow, dense New England terrain is not ideal 😂

Mods/Upgrades on the JT so far:
MetalCloak 3.5" GameChanger Suspension & Lift Kit
Tazer JL Mini
Fuel Off-road Wheels - Covert 17x9 - Model D695
Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 37x12.5x17
DCS Lighting - JT Rock Light Kit - Red
DCS Lighting Grill Light Kit - Red
DCS Lighting V3 Hood Lights
Warn Industries VR EVO 10 Winch

Future Mods/Upgrades (Hopefully 🤞)
SmartCap EVO
MetalCloak Frame Built Bumper
MetalCloak Overland Rocker & Flip Step Kit
MetalCloak "Baller" Joints
MetalCloak Rocklander Hinge Step
MetalCloak Overland Tube Fenders
GoMammut Bunker Summit Roof Top Tent
Bulletpoint Phone Mount

Jeep's are never really done and the direction may change. I will be going with the flow on this build and upgrading as the needs come.
Thank you for checking out my build thread! 🤘

If you want to follow along, this is where you can find my Jeeps & I
Tomb Raider Edition TJ - Instagram
Hard Knox Garage - Instagram
Hard Knox Garage - Facebook
YouTube Channel

All my Partners & Discounts Listed Below
Partners & Discounts

Jeep Gladiator My First Modern Jeep - 2021 Gladiator Rubicon IMG_7678_jpg.JPG

Nice Jeeps. This makes me feel soooo old… I think of TJs - all Wranglers as modern Jeeps. Lol. I came from a 1953 M-38A1.

Chaos Theory

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
First I've heard of the "Tomb Raider edition". I read some of the specs but does it have "Lara Croft" badging/easter eggs anywhere?

OP
OP
hardknoxgarage

hardknoxgarage

First Name
Kristie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Registered Nurse
First I've heard of the "Tomb Raider edition". I read some of the specs but does it have "Lara Croft" badging/easter eggs anywhere?
Yes, it does! Each one comes with a numbered badge on the interior, there was a little over 1000 made. Outside has a badge as well, came with a Tomb Raider specific lighter, red seatbelts, red stitched seats, silver bezels, and a few other odds and ends. There's a pretty good article on Motortrend that outlines the specs pretty well. I'm currently working on a build thread for mine, when it's done I'll try to reply here if you want to check it out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
hardknoxgarage

hardknoxgarage

First Name
Kristie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Nice Jeeps. This makes me feel soooo old… I think of TJs - all Wranglers as modern Jeeps. Lol. I came from a 1953 M-38A1.
Hahaha true, I can respect that. But driving the TJ and then the JT, you can definitely feel the difference in "modern-ness" 😜

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hahaha true, I can respect that. But driving the TJ and then the JT, you can definitely feel the difference in "modern-ness" 😜
Yes I definitely will agree, I've got to drive mine a lot more often. Less is more in many ways.

pharmfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
retired
Yes I definitely will agree, I've got to drive mine a lot more often. Less is more in many ways.

I quite agree, if one is so inclined a Jeep build is never done, they are the 'LEGO' of the
vehicle world. You can go for looks or content or both, whatever 'floats your boat'. It appears
you live in an area with variable climate so your options are wide open and so must be
your wallet. I didn't see provisions for coms, either CB or GMRS, strongly recommend one
or the other, any 4X can breakdown or get stuck, especially today with so much electrics
like what you have done so far, happy trails.

OP
OP
hardknoxgarage

hardknoxgarage

First Name
Kristie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Registered Nurse
I quite agree, if one is so inclined a Jeep build is never done, they are the 'LEGO' of the
vehicle world. You can go for looks or content or both, whatever 'floats your boat'. It appears
you live in an area with variable climate so your options are wide open and so must be
your wallet. I didn't see provisions for coms, either CB or GMRS, strongly recommend one
or the other, any 4X can breakdown or get stuck, especially today with so much electrics
That's a great way to put it! They certainly are like lego's. We do experience the beauty of all 4 seasons here. I have some handhelds that I keep in the gladiator and a manual operated radio should the battery on the handhelds fail. In the TJ, I have a hard wired setup (GMRS), I just haven't gotten around to it in the JT yet. RI is very, VERY small and I could probably easily walk to civilization within an hour hahaha. Thanks so much for your reply! happy trails to you as well!

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've got GMRS radios but haven't heard much traffic on them. I've got a few C.B's but haven't used them in years. Sometimes I turn it on and scan but not many people are on the air around my area.
I wish the wallet was, but not as one living on a limited income. But I can be frugal b##### on some things. I started building myself a cabin "tiny house" 13 Jan 23 and mostly finished it in 25 July for around $16,000.°°
I've been independent for most of my life, knowing that I can't depend on anyone. I keep recovery gear, and basic supplies in my Jeep(s) when I'm out and about. 🤔
Sponsored