Sponsored

My Jeep Doesnt Like the Cold Anymore

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Following the initial day of cold, my Jeep has had 2 issues.

First, the infotainment system display turned off and stayed off for a while. It initially booted up when I started the truck, but at some point turned off and stayed off. The system worked fine otherwise: radio worked, hardware buttons still affected things like temp and volume. Even a few turn off and restarting the engine didnt work. It came back on after I left the vehicle off while going to a store.

The bigger, unresolved, issue is a rattling sound while in 4H and moving. Sounds like a rattling bolt hitting plastic just under the center of the dash. Loud and annoying. Happens both in driving forwards and backwards but a slightly different sound while reversing. Normal sounds during 2H. Otherwise normal function in 4H.

3rd winter with this Jeep. First time I am experiencing this. Maybe just the cold and it will go back to normal when things warm up

ETA: 63k+ miles. No warranty though I do have something of an extended warranty through my car insurance if something does break.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Following the initial day of cold, my Jeep has had 2 issues.

First, the infotainment system display turned off and stayed off for a while. It initially booted up when I started the truck, but at some point turned off and stayed off. The system worked fine otherwise: radio worked, hardware buttons still affected things like temp and volume. Even a few turn off and restarting the engine didnt work. It came back on after I left the vehicle off while going to a store.

The bigger, unresolved, issue is a rattling sound while in 4H and moving. Sounds like a rattling bolt hitting plastic just under the center of the dash. Loud and annoying. Happens both in driving forwards and backwards but a slightly different sound while reversing. Normal sounds during 2H. Otherwise normal function in 4H.

3rd winter with this Jeep. First time I am experiencing this. Maybe just the cold and it will go back to normal when things warm up
Still under warranty?

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Just so we're absolutely clear, you're talking about 4H not 4A right? If so, in what conditions are you driving the vehicle in 4H?

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still under warranty?
No. 63k miles now!

Just so we're absolutely clear, you're talking about 4H not 4A right? If so, in what conditions are you driving the vehicle in 4H?
Yes, 4H. The 4A was not offered when I bought my Jeep. Conditions during use: Snow and ice

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Yes, 4H. The 4A was not offered when I bought my Jeep. Conditions during use: Snow and ice
Sound only while turning or also when going straight?

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sound only while turning or also when going straight?
While going straight. It will continue for a few seconds even after going out of 4H back into 2H. Have not tried while in 4L.

Sound intensity increases with increase in speed.
Sponsored