Sponsored

My Jeep Gladiator will not roll through the automatic car wash while in neutral.

Mikedeanp

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Worker
Question for everyone. My Jeep Gladiator will not roll through the automatic car wash while in neutral. It also wouldn’t pull ahead while I was trying to park in my garage. I have to park so close to the wall for it to fit. It’s like the parking brake was set. I don’t or can’t find the button to turn off my front bumper sensor. When I look it up on the internet it shows a “P” off but my does not have it on my center Consol. I think I have 2 separate issues. Jeep is brand new with 100 miles on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
That is the "auto-park" safety feature. Puts the Jeep in park if the door is opened while the seat belt is unfastened. I'm not a huge fan of it. Keep your seatbelt fastened while going through the car wash.
Keep your seatbelt fastened while backing in your garage with the door open, or keep the door closed. The back up sensors will not put it in park if they go off. Mine go off constantly while backing in my garage. It's a huge Jeep!

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Question for everyone. My Jeep Gladiator will not roll through the automatic car wash while in neutral. It also wouldn’t pull ahead while I was trying to park in my garage. I have to park so close to the wall for it to fit. It’s like the parking brake was set. I don’t or can’t find the button to turn off my front bumper sensor. When I look it up on the internet it shows a “P” off but my does not have it on my center Consol. I think I have 2 separate issues. Jeep is brand new with 100 miles on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Take it to the dealership

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
There seems to be a big to do on putting the car in park then putting the 4 wheel drive in neutral then it'll roll like it's in neutral even though the shift lever is in park.

Sponsored

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
It’s seat belt, but also means a door is ajar. If your doors are closed, you can have the seatbelt off. So probably a sensor and the seatbelt

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
It’s seat belt, but also means a door is ajar. If your doors are closed, you can have the seatbelt off. So probably a sensor and the seatbelt
I'd bet it's more the door ajar, but who is trying to get out of a vehicle in an automatic car wash?

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
I was working as an Electronics Tech servicing Gilbarco, Veeder-Root, Tokheim etc. dispenser and POS systems for many years. Brand new car wash at the BP. Brand new Sububan with a bike on a top rack. Woman stops and removes the bike, drives just past the height gauge bar and reloads the bike and proceeds to enter the contraption. This was before the g pro age, sadly. You cannot fix stupid.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is opposite. I've got one of those car wash memberships where you take it through as much as you want for a monthly fee. They tell you to put it in neutral and they start spraying around the Jeep with presoak before it gets picked up by their machine.

There must be a little slope near the rear of the Jeep because I start rolling forward as soon as it goes into neutral. They go absolutely nuts pointing at the sign and yelling at me to put it in neutral - but it's already there. I've started holding the brake until I feel the bump of the rollers hitting the tires.

Anyway, mine's a Sport S without all of the automatic sensors so I guess that's why I've never encountered any of that. My previous vehicle had all kinds of sensors and they worried me to death. I can't help but wonder if they're putting all of that technology in vehicles before it's ready for real world driving.

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
There seems to be a big to do on putting the car in park then putting the 4 wheel drive in neutral then it'll roll like it's in neutral even though the shift lever is in park.
That's for flat towing. Car wash, just put it in N. Never had an issue. I was also concerned before my first car wash, so I looked in the JL forums.

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Just a thought.... do you have the automatic cruise control package? Wondering if you left that on and it’s trying to keep the set distance. Don’t have it on my JT so not sure if it being on would cause the issue of hitting the brakes when it sees the back wall of the garage or the brushes at the car wash.
Sponsored