Sponsored

My Kentucky people... any bourbon lovers?

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
For all of you Kentucky people, are any of you bourbon lovers? I have a small collection and am hoping that my job gets me up there for a bit this spring. I heard you have access to the best bourbon everywhere: liquor stores, grocery stores, distilleries. I would love to go to some distilleries but I heard they have shut down the tours. Where do you guys recommend.
Sponsored

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
For all of you Kentucky people, are any of you bourbon lovers? I have a small collection and am hoping that my job gets me up there for a bit this spring. I heard you have access to the best bourbon everywhere: liquor stores, grocery stores, distilleries. I would love to go to some distilleries but I heard they have shut down the tours. Where do you guys recommend.
Ohio here. My wife and I had a weekend planned in Frankfort last summer. We had hotel reservations and tickets for Buffalo Trace, Four Roses and Wild Turkey. COVID killed that. But, if you to to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail website, it looks like they're booking this year.

OP
OP
Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure when my work will take me there but I'll be at Ft. Knox sometime this spring. Would love to go to Four Roses and Buffalo Trace, Wild Turkey, and 1792.

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSSD Granite Crystal Metallic (Korg)
Occupation
Engineer
Don't forget Woodford Reserve, Makers Mark, Jim Beam....So many in this area it's hard to keep up.

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Weller, Bulleit, Old Forester

Tabney

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Aviator
Don't forget Evan Williams, Rabbit Hole, and Angel's Envy all in Louisville. I live in Louisville and it sure is nice (maybe too nice?) to have so many options within 50 miles.

DTJB

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
There’s the old pogue distillery (Maysville) and an old winery near Augusta KY but that’s an hour north of lex... but of course you’ve probably already been to KY by now... however for anyone else interested the old pogue does tours and is considered a good whiskey at home

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I live 1 mile from the Wild Turkey distillery, about 5 miles from Four Roses, and about 15-20 miles from Buffalo Trace and Jim Beam.

It's a big deal around here I guess but I've never understood why. Liquor is liquor. I don't even drink bourbon. Too expensive. But a lot of people travel from all over just to see the old rickety soot covered warehouses where the barrels are stored.

OP
OP
Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
I live 1 mile from the Wild Turkey distillery, about 5 miles from Four Roses, and about 15-20 miles from Buffalo Trace and Jim Beam.

It's a big deal around here I guess but I've never understood why. Liquor is liquor. I don't even drink bourbon. Too expensive. But a lot of people travel from all over just to see the old rickety soot covered warehouses where the barrels are stored.
I did. It was fun as hell. Buffalo Trace smells like hot fudge. The whole damn Distillery.

Lin

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
My youngest brother in louisville is "the safety guy" at one of those places. He's responsible for some distilleries and a bunch of sawmills where they make the barrels.
Edit: what did wxman do to get banned? Lol
Sponsored