Sponsored

My Math on when my Order will Arrive

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray
So it's been a week since my order and the waiting is the hardest part. I know I've got anywhere from 6-10 weeks before it gets to the dealer, but I did receive my VIN from the dealer today, so I did a little math to estimate my arrival date, and I realize it's not scientific and has a large margin for error, but what else is there to do?

My VIN - 527xxx
Newest 2021 VIN on a dealer lot (Autotrader.com within 500m radius of my location) - 519xxx

Number of JT's between the newest on a dealer lot and my VIN - 7500
August sales of JT - 6000
FCA - Toledo working days/month - 20
Production quantity per day (and/or shipping per day) - 6000/20 = 300
7500/300 = 24.8 working days = 5 weeks from today puts ETA on dealer lot at 10/25.
That puts total time between order placement and delivery at 6 weeks.
Yes I realize that my VIN could get held up in inspection, shipping, etc, and be that ONE. But here's hoping.

Check it!
Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
So.... something like this then
Jeep Gladiator My Math on when my Order will Arrive SmartSelect_20200918-024446_Chrome

JWGladiator

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2020 BMW X7; 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I think your production quantity per day is off. Sales don’t equal production capacity.

I also don’t think, after reading so many experiences on this forum, that you can apply math or logic to the Jeep order and build process. Case in point, I think you ordered after me from the same dealer and you have a VIN and I don’t. (I know, I am just bitter):swear::mad:

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
Did you account for wallet velocity to aftermarket part checkout over time as a factor of wallet weight?

0A700C62-B26B-4F2C-A219-373B28BC431D.gif

OP
OP

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think your production quantity per day is off. Sales don’t equal production capacity.

I also don’t think, after reading so many experiences on this forum, that you can apply math or logic to the Jeep order and build process. Case in point, I think you ordered after me from the same dealer and you have a VIN and I don’t. (I know, I am just bitter):swear::mad:
Did you email Daniel? I did yesterday and he replied within the hour with my VIN.

Sponsored

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
Shipping is the big question. Mine sat for 2 weeks waiting to leave the factory lot after it was built.

One of my coworkers ordered his 7/16 and he's been told his should be here any time now.

Last edited:

Spcbl1

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Mojave, 1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Occupation
IT Director
That math doesn't explain why mine has been in "Post Build Inspection" with "nothing wrong" since 8/27...
I have come up with some math of my own. I believe that FCA would have to pay per chat session. I assume somewhere between $2 & $5 per chat depending upon the negotiated contract with the support vendor. So if I reach out to Jeep Chat 13500 times throughout my wait I will have cost them the value of my vehicle, which is a sufficient payback to them for delaying my build as long as they have. :CWL:

JWGladiator

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2020 BMW X7; 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Did you email Daniel? I did yesterday and he replied within the hour with my VIN.
Yes, emailed him this am and finally got the VIN. D Status according to Jeep Chat. So, the wait continues...

OP
OP

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
View attachment 111572
So it's been a week since my order and the waiting is the hardest part. I know I've got anywhere from 6-10 weeks before it gets to the dealer, but I did receive my VIN from the dealer today, so I did a little math to estimate my arrival date, and I realize it's not scientific and has a large margin for error, but what else is there to do?

My VIN - 527xxx
Newest 2021 VIN on a dealer lot (Autotrader.com within 500m radius of my location) - 519xxx

Number of JT's between the newest on a dealer lot and my VIN - 7500
August sales of JT - 6000
FCA - Toledo working days/month - 20
Production quantity per day (and/or shipping per day) - 6000/20 = 300
7500/300 = 24.8 working days = 5 weeks from today puts ETA on dealer lot at 10/25.
That puts total time between order placement and delivery at 6 weeks.
Yes I realize that my VIN could get held up in inspection, shipping, etc, and be that ONE. But here's hoping.

Check it!
Just to follow-up my original post.
Picking up my Mojave from Gupton tomorrow 10/24, arrived at the dealer 10/23.
-2 days from original estimate of 10/25.
Mic drop and.....
Jeep Gladiator My Math on when my Order will Arrive Mindblown
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0