Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have to say that I loved my Gladiator for the 24 hours that it worked, but it's been a rehash of the original Groundhog Day movie for the past two weeks. I was kind of hoping more for the updated marketing campaign version....

Jeep Groundhog Day 2a.jpg

Jeep Groundhog Day 3b.jpg

Jeep Groundhog Day 4c.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dainbramaged

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I laughed at your post, but I'm sure your situation is anything but funny. Best of luck and hopefully you eventually look back and chuckle about it.

Still, great post!
Glad the humor made it through...no reason to rant when it's more fun to make fun

OP
OP
Dainbramaged

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What's wrong with it?
Apologies for the delayed response - the clockspring has been out on it for the past 25 days and apparently Jeep won't have the parts available to fix it until next week (latest in a long line of promises...we'll see). I'm not sure if the clockspring was also causing the front audio to alternate between the R and L side speakers, or if that will be a separate issue they need to address once the clockspring is fixed.

Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
This right here is going to be my biggest nightmare. Wait almost two years for the gladiator, bust my ass to pay some bills off , finally ordering the gladiator late 2020. I drive it off the lot and within a day I'm bringing it back...don't jinx me lol

OP
OP
Dainbramaged

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, 35 days after putting the Gladiator in the shop, the parts have been made available and the repairs seem to have resolved the issues that we encountered. I still can't fathom how it took more than a month to resolve, but at least I didn't make the second car payment on a vehicle that I could only drive for 24 hours!

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
So, 35 days after putting the Gladiator in the shop, the parts have been made available and the repairs seem to have resolved the issues that we encountered. I still can't fathom how it took more than a month to resolve, but at least I didn't make the second car payment on a vehicle that I could only drive for 24 hours!
Did you try contacting @JeepCares about it? It may have gone faster that way if you didn't

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hello Dainbramaged,
Glad to hear that the dealer was able to address your concerns. If any concerns present itself in the future please send us a private message.

Lamar
JeepCares

OP
OP
Dainbramaged

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you try contacting @JeepCares about it? It may have gone faster that way if you didn't
I had never heard of JeepCares, but will check it out if I end up keeping the Gladiator when it’s all said and done. I would love to feel excited again about joining the Jeep family, I’m just not there right now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dainbramaged

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This right here is going to be my biggest nightmare. Wait almost two years for the gladiator, bust my ass to pay some bills off , finally ordering the gladiator late 2020. I drive it off the lot and within a day I'm bringing it back...don't jinx me lol
I don’t think it’s probable that anyone else will have this bad of luck after buying a bad build, but I’m knocking on wood as I say it! They’re still great looking trucks.

OP
OP
Dainbramaged

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had my new vehicle for around a month now and am very happy with it so far. I love how quick the top comes off (twice so far) and look forward to weather that lets me take the doors off as well. Have taken it “off-road” on dirt trails in the area 4 times so far, but super easy stuff. Hoping to try some level 3’s next once the Covid situation eases up and the parks open back up around here (MD). The new Gladiator has much less steering wobble than my old one as well, though still more than I think it should. I’m following the threads on after market stabilizers and may go that route this Summer. So all-in-all, while my first Jeep buying experience had a rough start, I’m glad we stuck with it and and that Jeep worked with us on the vehicle issues.

C34B6CDD-33FF-47BA-9536-17D1844B0EA5.jpeg

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well I sure we are all with you on that... Glad you could laugh at it. You took it better than I probably would have. I would have been a thorn in that dealership side.
At least after what has been going on in world quality should be way better after this.;)
Rex3rd
Spot on I spent most of last year doing the same thing so I would be happy and in a position I wanted to be in before I got mine this year.... Now the CV 19 has been going on it's been ground hogs day for me. No Easter Jeep Safari or anything but get up go to work come home.....wash rinse repeat. Had to cancel my vacation time last 2 years and not go... Now this year. Seems like I'm not ever going to EJS.
Sponsored