Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Hey Everyone,

I just picked up my 2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Snazzberry this past Saturday. I had a 93 YJ as my first vehicle in high school, a 97 TJ I did a mild build on, and then most recently an 05 TJ Rubicon in impact orange that was moderately built with a long arm kit, beadlocks, hydro assist, 35's etc. I never thought I would buy a Jeep brand new but the price was right and it was exactly what I wanted (Hardtop, automatic, Mojave, and pretty much no other options). They ended up giving me a good trade in on the 05 Rubicon so I left it at the dealership and drove the Gladiator home! The dealership that I bought it through throws in a lifetime powertrain warranty (with some interesting fine print) so that is nice as I plan to keep this one for quite a while.

The reason that I wanted to go with the Mojave is because of the suspension. I never plan to try to fit 40's or anything crazy on this jeep so I can get away with 35's or 37's on the stock suspension (maybe a 3/4 inch spacer lift if necessary, I'm just not convinced by the relocation bracket stuff) and just enjoy it. The Snazzberry color was not my first choice (Punk'n Orange but they never offered it for the Mojave) but it has grown on me very quickly and everyone that sees it loves the color. It's a head-turner for sure.

This will be a place to document my build and adventures with the jeep

First Mods on the to do list are the following:
  • LineX Premium truck bedliner (national shortage so they told me it will be August probably)
  • Rubberized floor mats
  • Steel Rubicon takeoff bumpers
    • Thinking about Genright aluminum bumpers as well to keep the weight down but we will see if I can justify the price to myself, Genright quality is second to none in my experience.
  • Daystar 3/4 inch spacers
  • 35's (Thinking Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T 255/85/17 but they might be too skinny, anyone have them on their rigs?)
  • Stock wheels (I would really like to find a set of the $1000 option Mojave wheels if I can snag em for cheap)
  • Some kind of dash phone mount, I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any!

I'll post up some pictures later!

PXL_20210616_111356403.MP.jpg

PXL_20210616_111440576.MP.jpg

PXL_20210616_111959865.MP.jpg

PXL_20210616_112038779.MP.jpg

PXL_20210616_111342438.MP.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Congrats fellow Mojave owner. You’re going to LOVE it.

OP
OP
SnazzyMojave

SnazzyMojave

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Congrats fellow Mojave owner. You’re going to LOVE it.
Thanks Will! I already love it, I couldn't help but to rip it around the yard today and test out offroad + and the rear locker. I really like your firecracker red mojave, they look super slick with the color matched fender flares and top.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Thanks Justin! If you can find a safe dirt road with good visibility and Some washboard surface area, that’s one place the Mojave really shines! Soaks up the road and the harder you push it seems like the more settled it gets. Be careful and enjoy it! Beautiful truck that Snazzberry color is awesome!

Hank_

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Mojave, 1941 Willys
Occupation
Ford and Jeep warranty claim analyst.
Hey Everyone,

I just picked up my 2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Snazzberry this past Saturday. I had a 93 YJ as my first vehicle in high school, a 97 TJ I did a mild build on, and then most recently an 05 TJ Rubicon in impact orange that was moderately built with a long arm kit, beadlocks, hydro assist, 35's etc. I never thought I would buy a Jeep brand new but the price was right and it was exactly what I wanted (Hardtop, automatic, Mojave, and pretty much no other options). They ended up giving me a good trade in on the 05 Rubicon so I left it at the dealership and drove the Gladiator home! The dealership that I bought it through throws in a lifetime powertrain warranty (with some interesting fine print) so that is nice as I plan to keep this one for quite a while.

The reason that I wanted to go with the Mojave is because of the suspension. I never plan to try to fit 40's or anything crazy on this jeep so I can get away with 35's or 37's on the stock suspension (maybe a 3/4 inch spacer lift if necessary, I'm just not convinced by the relocation bracket stuff) and just enjoy it. The Snazzberry color was not my first choice (Punk'n Orange but they never offered it for the Mojave) but it has grown on me very quickly and everyone that sees it loves the color. It's a head-turner for sure.

This will be a place to document my build and adventures with the jeep

First Mods on the to do list are the following:
  • LineX Premium truck bedliner (national shortage so they told me it will be August probably)
  • Rubberized floor mats
  • Steel Rubicon takeoff bumpers
    • Thinking about Genright aluminum bumpers as well to keep the weight down but we will see if I can justify the price to myself, Genright quality is second to none in my experience.
  • Daystar 3/4 inch spacers
  • 35's (Thinking Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T 255/85/17 but they might be too skinny, anyone have them on their rigs?)
  • Stock wheels (I would really like to find a set of the $1000 option Mojave wheels if I can snag em for cheap)
  • Some kind of dash phone mount, I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any!

I'll post up some pictures later!

Jeep Gladiator My Snazzberry Mojave Build Thread PXL_20210616_111342438.MP

67 Designs is the best I have ever used for a dash mount phone/ipad holder. The mount is strong and easy to use. You have to watch on Sunday evenings around 6:00 for them to put up more stock of many items because they sell out so quickly. Nice looking Mojave. Sorry they didn't have a Hydro Blue one for you. : )

Hank

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Looks great, love the black fenders and top with that color.

OP
OP
SnazzyMojave

SnazzyMojave

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks Justin! If you can find a safe dirt road with good visibility and Some washboard surface area, that’s one place the Mojave really shines! Soaks up the road and the harder you push it seems like the more settled it gets. Be careful and enjoy it! Beautiful truck that Snazzberry color is awesome!
Luckily I visited the young men from church on their summer campout and there were some nice dirt roads to get there that were a lot of fun! The Mojave definitely seems like it just wants more and more speed, it's awesome

OP
OP
SnazzyMojave

SnazzyMojave

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
67 Designs is the best I have ever used for a dash mount phone/ipad holder. The mount is strong and easy to use. You have to watch on Sunday evenings around 6:00 for them to put up more stock of many items because they sell out so quickly. Nice looking Mojave. Sorry they didn't have a Hydro Blue one for you. : )

Hank
Thanks Hank! I will definitely check them out. I realized today that when you go through the android auto app it will pull the navigation up on the touchscreen so I may just do without the phone mount but we will see how I feel after a few weeks! That hydro blue is slick for sure! It was on the short list of acceptable colors for me!

OP
OP
SnazzyMojave

SnazzyMojave

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Looks great, love the black fenders and top with that color.
Thanks Mac! When I first looked it I was kind of disappointed that it didn't have the color matched top and fenders but now I think that specifically with this color the black looks great! Color matched sting grey and firecracker red are still probably my favorite though!

Reactions: Mac

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mohave, '18 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk
Occupation
Approaching Retirement
Good looking truck!

Why spacers?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SnazzyMojave

SnazzyMojave

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Good looking truck!

Why spacers?
Hey Jason, thanks! Not wheel spacers rather than the rubber coil spring spacers (I am very against wheel spacers, one came loose on my best friend on the highway and he about lost a wheel). The 3/4 coil spring spacers will compensate for any added weight that goes onto the rig, I'm going to do my best to keep everything as light as possible. And the 3/4 spacers are small enough that they won't mess with the shock bypass zones. With this setup the suspension will provide slightly more bottom out resistance because it effectively increases your spring rate at full bump. That and I'm already thinking about 37's so I'll need the extra space.

OP
OP
SnazzyMojave

SnazzyMojave

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Well I have been enjoying the truck stock, it really is amazing how capable these things are out of the box. I added a trailer brake controller for my move from TN back to CO, and some Rockblokz removable mud flaps (Sick of destroying my door hinges).

Today I found a deal I couldn't pass up on some 37/12.5/15 nitto terra grappler g2's (179 a piece from quadratec). I also found a set of the upgraded mojave wheels locally that I should be picking up tomorrow. I am going to be throwing on a 3/4" daystar spacer lift with the 37's to see whether or not I will need to move up to the AEV 2" spacer lift for mojaves or not.

Hopefully I will have some pictures with updates for you guys in a couple of weeks once the tires get here! Plan is to keep the stock wheels and tires on for normal road trips and driving and switch over to the 37's if I am making a trip out to moab or going camping.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Did you end up going for the Baja Boss A/T's?

I have a stock Mojave and thinking about swapping to those, but am hesitating if significantly different from stock Falkens!
Sponsored