MY22 ordering question

Espo774

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL rubicon
Since 2022 gladiators aren’t going to begin production until 12/6 the earliest, what would the difference be if I ordered from gupton today, as opposed to 12/5. Would I get it that much sooner if I order now? Just wondering if I should hold out as long as possible, if it can’t really hurt me.
Sponsored

Zswickliffe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon
Where did you get the 12/6 date?

It depends on the backlog, I have no idea how many will be ordered between now and then. If they get consistent orders then it'll push yours out. If they don't it won't.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Everyone that orders between now and 12/5 would be ahead of you when production starts so unlikely your build would start 12/6 if you submit 12/5.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
If in-n-out burger opens at 11:00am and someone is in line at 10:30am, waiting for the delicious burger and underwhelming fries, their order will be taken and processed before you who walked through the already unlocked door at 11:01am.

If your question is whether or not your dealer will give you a sweeter deal because you'll be waiting for so long, doubtful. Dealers like Gupton typically will give you the best price up front right away vs playing the pricing game.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Typically they start doing changes the second month after the order guide first comes out. You could always wait and see what happens. Depends on how much of a hurry you are in.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Espo774

Espo774

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL rubicon
Typically they start doing changes the second month after the order guide first comes out. You could always wait and see what happens. Depends on how much of a hurry you are in.
Really? I haven’t heard this. So November we have a possibility of changes to order guide, even if not a single one has been produced? What kind of changes?…colors or options/pricing?

kperez4446

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler unlimited 2014
can you change a color on a VON that was purchased if production didn't begin yet?

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Everyone that orders between now and 12/5 would be ahead of you when production starts so unlikely your build would start 12/6 if you submit 12/5.
Jeep doesn't build orders on a FIFO basis. I think trim and options matter the most, especially now when they run into parts shortages.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Really? I haven’t heard this. So November we have a possibility of changes to order guide, even if not a single one has been produced? What kind of changes?…colors or options/pricing?
Well I would guess December since the order guide came out a month late. If you look at the 2021 order guides Snazzberry was added two months after the first order guide came out. Nacho was add two months later.

But in all honesty you can never predict what they will do. Only guess based on past years.