Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody have issues installing the N-Fab J1980T steps? Either my body panels were off or the step brackets were out of tolerance. Couple of holes didn't line up well and required some persuasion. Had a loud pop when lighting tightening down one of the pinch weld bolts. The rear are flared out more then the fronts too. Not a huge deal, but thought they would line up better.
The step height probably isn't in the best position as its a bit awkward to use the step itself. I didn't need them, but wife and kids did

N fab steps_1.jpg

Roll Bar and side steps.jpg
Sponsored

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I got them for the wife and kids too. They are ok for the price, as you mention they do not follow the contour of the body. FWIW I put them on myself with the assistance of a couple bags of dirt to prop them up. I don't remember any popping noises and the holes seemed to line up just fine.

I do find myself using it pretty often when taking off the top and getting in with the doors off.

JeepHouse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I have the same steps and exact same motivation, wife and kids needed them. They didn't seem to line up perfect, but no real issues. Most annoyed that the Q&A on Quadratec said they were solid capped/welded on the ends, but mine are completely open. Not a huge deal, will just see if they rust out in New England.

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
Agree, issues installing....no worries.

had to use a bottle jack to get them where they needed to be.
Sponsored