First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
So after 5 months I've settled on a target 33-34 PSI tire pressure-cold (vs the 37 speced for Mojave)...This induces a tiny yellow symbol on the dash whitch indicates your tires are low (ok not too bad), then in one of the screens you can choose on the steering wheel control I really like that I can see the exact pressure for each tire...However, yet another warning is shown in large English that you are running low and need to fix it.

Trying to keep tire pressure constant at 37 is a fools errand, they say a good rule of thumb is every 10 degrees in temp., changes it 1 PSI. That happens every day between morning and afternoon here this time of year. The second warning is redundant and a Nany state overkill.

Is there any way to get rid of this ridiculous large warning? If not does anyone know at what pressure exactly the warning will go away on Mojave (eg, maybe 35, 36)? And if it goes away at 37 only, does another new "too high warning" start at 38?
Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
You have to inflate to something like 5 over and drive it some to clear the alert. (Check the manual)
Then you can go back down.

You can also use a device like ECRI or Tazer to set the TPMS thresholds lower.

You could also take it to a tire shop and have the sensors removed completely.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Cheapest options are inflating it to the correct pressure or buying a tinfoil hat and putting electrical tape over the annoying lights. Otherwise if you have different wheels/tires that require lower pressures, you can invest in a way to change the PSI threshold as @Lunentucker mentioned. Chances are if you do have different-than-stock tires, you've had to use one of these tools to change the tire size to correct the speedometer anyway, so you might as well get this done too.

Safety notifications = nanny state is such a funny concept.

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Right? Nanny-State claims aside, it's a nice indicator if you actually have a leak or a tire is lower than it looks. I'd rather not drive around wearing one tire differently than the others if there's a system built in for it.

Use a Tazer to set it for 4-5 psi below your desired pressure and good to go. I wouldn't want to remove them entirely, I imagine you'd still have to disable the system then, and it's nice being able to open it up on the display and see what they're at, imo.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I put new wheels and tires on my mojave the day after I got it home from the dealership. Ran it at 32 psi for a while, then after maybe a week and a half of it yelling at me... one day it just stopped. No more dash light. No more "Inflate to 37 PSI!" screen on startup. No idea how or why, but the only answer I can imagine is this is not an accident and something Jeep planned for in the programming. Just keep running it low and see if it recalibrates for you after enough cycles.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Individual warnings are not affecting personal choice. Nanny state would be along the lines of "car sense PSI running too low, sends message to local Police to enforce mnfr tire pressure settings"

A legally required tire pressure sensor that reports only to you is about as much nanny state as legally required backup cameras (in that it's not nanny-state)

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Individual warnings are not affecting personal choice. Nanny state would be along the lines of "car sense PSI running too low, sends message to local Police to enforce mnfr tire pressure settings"

A legally required tire pressure sensor that reports only to you is about as much nanny state as legally required backup cameras (in that it's not nanny-state)
Yep one mans safety device is another mans Nanny-State infringement.

Yep a tire pressure warning is great and I appreciate it, but I don't need more than one and I don't need it to stay in my face...

Maybe I grew up in a different generation, but my 2003 STS gives me one warning when I start the car, after you remove it by pressing a button, you don't see it again till you start it again. That is great! Too much of a good thing can suck too! ;-)...

These cars today are full of Nany State stuff, like auto shutoff at a stop light, like the always on FOB, I could go on but those have to be two of the worst ideas the industry ever put out...Not unique to jeep by any means and not unique to the auto industry by any means, just manifestations of the new Nanny state we live in ;-).

Last edited:

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Trying to keep tire pressure constant at 37 is a fools errand,
Unless you have a leak, it won't come on just with temperature changes, unless it's extreme. If you have a leak, the warning is great. It let's you know.
Is there any way to get rid of this ridiculous large warning? If not does anyone know at what pressure exactly the warning will go away on Mojave (eg, maybe 35, 36)? And if it goes away at 37 only, does another new "too high warning" start at 38?
There's no too high warning. It will go off when you inflate to 37, and it won't come back on until it gets down to 31 or 32.

Tazer/jscan can turn it off or change the set level.

Sponsored

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I put new wheels and tires on my mojave the day after I got it home from the dealership. Ran it at 32 psi for a while, then after maybe a week and a half of it yelling at me... one day it just stopped. No more dash light. No more "Inflate to 37 PSI!" screen on startup. No idea how or why, but the only answer I can imagine is this is not an accident and something Jeep planned for in the programming. Just keep running it low and see if it recalibrates for you after enough cycles.
Hope springs eternal!!! :)...I'll give that a go first. Thanks!

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Do you really have to do that? Every vehicle I've driven that's had TPMS allows a +/- variance from the TPMS set point before the indicator comes in.
I would have thought so, it is why I'm asking what those thresholds might be...The annoying big message is stipulating 37 (exactly).

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Not quite.

Part of personal choice is deciding on whether systems like this should be present and active in a vehicle that we purchase.

The TPMS notice is not as bad as a backup camera because the notice is most likely driven by liability concerns.

In contrast, back up cameras are MANDATED by federal new car "safety" standards.

I run the Falken ATs on my Mojave at 33 psi and have adjusted the warning to 30 psi using a Tazer.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I would have thought so, it is why I'm asking what those thresholds might be...The annoying big message is stipulating 37 (exactly).
It's exactly 37, once the low threshold is tripped. But then it can do down 5 or 6 below that before it comes back on again. So whenever the warning comes on, to make it go off you have to get back up to recommended pressure. Then it can go down several psi below that before the warning comes back on

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
As stated earlier, 37 PSI and a start cycle will turn off all the TPMS warning. The warning will return as soon as 1 tire hits 29PSI.
Sponsored