Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
I want to take Gladys to the beach to play in the sand.

Won't let her get near the water, but i'm sure sand has a lot of corrosive salt in it so i'm wondering if i should get the Mopar-listed Master Shield Rustproofing and Undercoating (not sure of the difference exactly) treatments.

Are these included with the initial build? Any recommendation for reapplying these after a certain number of miles (or trips to the beach)?
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I’ve taken our trucks to the Outer Banks of N.C. for over 30 years.
I have found that if you completely wash/rinse the underside of your vehicle as soon as your home there really isn’t any Ill effects.

Some friends of mine who go a lot use a product called Fluid Film and they spray it on the underside of their trucks once a year. It only costs a few bucks...

OP
OP
guntrust

guntrust

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
I’ve taken our trucks to the Outer Banks of N.C. for over 30 years.
I have found that if you completely wash/rinse the underside of your vehicle as soon as your home there really isn’t any Ill effects.

Some friends of mine who go a lot use a product called Fluid Film and they spray it on the underside of their trucks once a year. It only costs a few bucks...
Thanks i'll check it out: https://www.fluid-film.com/

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist
We just rinse the under body and let dry for a few hours. Then once every 3-4 months take a can of WD40 and spray down everything but exhaust... worked just fine for our needs.

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
I've been looking into this for my truck as well. Up here in CT, people are dumb as sh*t and as a result the state and towns plow every 0.25" of snow, and absolutely abuse the salt/liquid calcium spray treatment stuff, so any new car will have rust forming very quick during and after its first winter. That being said, fluid film seems to have great reviews, but I'm not quite a fan of the no dry concept. It attracts dirt apparently. I saw a lot of real world reviews comparing 6 or 7 products, fluid film DOES in fact work, but its competition is apparently something cosmoline based. I'll be trying CRC rust inhibitor. According to the product reviews, spray it on just like fluid film, except over 12 hours it hardens to a thin waxy surface that wont attract dirt and debris, and it doesn't rinse off.

Sponsored

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
I've been looking into this for my truck as well. Up here in CT, people are dumb as sh*t and as a result the state and towns plow every 0.25" of snow, and absolutely abuse the salt/liquid calcium spray treatment stuff, so any new car will have rust forming very quick during and after its first winter. That being said, fluid film seems to have great reviews, but I'm not quite a fan of the no dry concept. It attracts dirt apparently. I saw a lot of real world reviews comparing 6 or 7 products, fluid film DOES in fact work, but its competition is apparently something cosmoline based. I'll be trying CRC rust inhibitor. According to the product reviews, spray it on just like fluid film, except over 12 hours it hardens to a thin waxy surface that wont attract dirt and debris, and it doesn't rinse off.
Here is some more information for you to chew on as well...I think that the area you live in has more to do with what is effective...

https://www.theruststore.com/