First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Financial Services
Need recommendations for center console gun safe for 2021 Gladiator Rubicon. I appreciate any help you can provide.
Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Conceal carry right? Iā€™m not trying to be a D***.. Iā€™m just saying. I have a lot of friends that ā€œcarryā€ and itā€™s always something big, usually double stack, etcā€¦ I love to mess with them- whereā€™s your gunā€¦. Ah manā€¦ itā€™s in the truckā€¦ itā€™s bigā€¦. My waist band blah blahā€¦.

Find a gun that you will Carry!!! One thatā€™s comfortable, and one that you can consistently shoot!

personally I carry a dainty little Ruger Lc9s- holster is a belt clip that mounts directly to the grip. šŸŗ all my buddies rag on it for being what their wife would carryā€¦. šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø it works for me as an EDC and itā€™s a consistent shooter.

As far as the center console- if itā€™s easy to get into for YOU then it works in the time of need.

I alien tape and one of these works great for all kinds of creative places. Magnetic.

C6C6DCA9-D35C-4B0B-BB17-A056EA62442E.jpeg

OP
OP
GaDawgFan

GaDawgFan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Financial Services
Conceal carry right? Iā€™m not trying to be a D***.. Iā€™m just saying. I have a lot of friends that ā€œcarryā€ and itā€™s always something big, usually double stack, etcā€¦ I love to mess with them- whereā€™s your gunā€¦. Ah manā€¦ itā€™s in the truckā€¦ itā€™s bigā€¦. My waist band blah blahā€¦.

Find a gun that you will Carry!!! One thatā€™s comfortable, and one that you can consistently shoot!

personally I carry a dainty little Ruger Lc9s- holster is a belt clip that mounts directly to the grip. šŸŗ all my buddies rag on it for being what their wife would carryā€¦. šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø it works for me as an EDC and itā€™s a consistent shooter.

As far as the center console- if itā€™s easy to get into for YOU then it works in the time of need.

I alien tape and one of these works great for all kinds of creative places. Magnetic.

Jeep Gladiator Need recommendations for center console gun safe C6C6DCA9-D35C-4B0B-BB17-A056EA62442E
Okay, let me clarify. I carry a 9mm but work in a bank, so it has to stay in the Jeep. Would like a recommendation for a safe that fits in the Jeepā€™s console. Thank you.

rwu355

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
Sort of what is above. If you have time to open the console & unlock the gun safe retrieve the pistol then, ā€¦ well most situations that are appropriate for the threat of, or the use of deadly force donā€™t allow that kind of time. Now if the need is I canā€™t carry at work but want it on me for the ride to and from work then maybe. if the purpose is to have a place to lock the gun while in the office then go simple, the small steel lock boxes, that are portable gun safes, take one bolt it under the rear seat make a habit of putting daypack or brief case in back seat while there put the gun in it to go to office, or take it out, for trip home. If the firearm is in a console safe it is just as useful as it would be in the 600 pound gun safe at home.

I used to do the LC9S as a carry then I found the LCP-MAX. It will fit in a pocket and vanish (not so much if you go for the extra tight pants). but Iā€™m old so not a slave to fashion.

Sponsored

CreepyJeepy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0
Occupation
Cyber Security
I carry every day. I live in a pretty interesting and high crime area of west Denver.

I have a job which ā€˜requiresā€™ I donā€™t carry via policyā€¦. Iā€™m not a lawyer, but I carry anywaysā€¦.

I carry a G19 MOS gen5 with optic, and I practice at the range weekly.

Find a comfortable IWB holster for appendix position, and maybe even pad the kydex if it rubs.

Its your life and the others you are protecting, which is why I ignore policyā€¦ Consult a lawyer for opinions.

If I leave it in my car itā€™s never the center consoleā€¦. Thats the first place car thieves look. But I never leave it in the jeepā€¦

They prefer not to dig through a gym back with nasty smelling clothesā€¦. Maybe a lock box or something like that in a less obvious place.

But most importantly, thanks for carrying. More trained, competent folks that carry the safer we will all be.

Angry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Its a pistol for CCW but its locked away from you In the truck? Useless. Your CCW is either locked away for storage or is carried concealed on your person.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
You guys are missing his point. He carries. But he CAN NOT take the weapon into the building with him. So it has to stay in his JT until he leaves the building. I would get a lock box bolted under the rear seat.

Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Iā€™d second the tuffy. I do not own one, but it looks like itā€™s going to be everything you need it to be.

Quite a few people on here seem to not be able to read and comply with your question. The one who recommended a lock box under the seat are in the same category. I mean no disrespect, however I work in a field where lack of thought process and quick decision making can get you seriously hurt or worse.

Digging around under your seat fumbling for keys is not a situation Iā€™d like to be in. This generally means youā€™re standing outside the vehicle, door open with your back facing whoever might be there to surprise you. If thereā€™s nobody there, now you have to figure out how to retrieve said firearm and slide it in your waistband without looking too suspect. Itā€™s easier with a console lock whereas you can be sitting in the comfort of your driverā€™s seat while watching everything in front of you. If at this point you see a threat you can drive yourself to safety first. Even if that under seat box was right below you and you were in the car, now youā€™re taking your eyes off your potential threat because all youā€™d be looking at is the steering wheel in your face while trying to unlock a box you canā€™t see.

Again, no disrespect , just logical thinking.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
The center console locks as well, and with a secondary locked container inside it can slow a thief down, as well as serve as a legal storage device for a firearm. Youā€™d be surprised at how many people think a locked glovebox is a legal acceptable place to store a firearm. Most states, that would be unlawful.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Iā€™d second the tuffy. I do not own one, but it looks like itā€™s going to be everything you need it to be.

Quite a few people on here seem to not be able to read and comply with your question. The one who recommended a lock box under the seat are in the same category. I mean no disrespect, however I work in a field where lack of thought process and quick decision making can get you seriously hurt or worse.

Digging around under your seat fumbling for keys is not a situation Iā€™d like to be in. This generally means youā€™re standing outside the vehicle, door open with your back facing whoever might be there to surprise you. If thereā€™s nobody there, now you have to figure out how to retrieve said firearm and slide it in your waistband without looking too suspect. Itā€™s easier with a console lock whereas you can be sitting in the comfort of your driverā€™s seat while watching everything in front of you. If at this point you see a threat you can drive yourself to safety first. Even if that under seat box was right below you and you were in the car, now youā€™re taking your eyes off your potential threat because all youā€™d be looking at is the steering wheel in your face while trying to unlock a box you canā€™t see.

Again, no disrespect , just logical thinking.
My reasoning for under the rear seat is. If someone broke into the JT. The center console is one of the first places they look. If the thief has some tools. He might not open the Tuffy, but he will do some damage to the console. Under the rear seat. Most thief's hardly look there. They look at the glove box, center console, anything laying on the floors, under the front seats, and on the rear seat. I don't keep nothing of value in the center console, or glove box. Neighbor's car got broken into at work a few months back. They pried open the locked glove box and locked center console. All they got for their trouble was a bunch of change. But they did $1,800 in damages.

I carry too. If I can't take it in with me. It goes under the rear seat.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't want something permanent, or until you find something you like, the rear seats can be locked in the upright position by locking the head rest.

In3briatedPanda

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom Edition Max Tow
Occupation
Automotive
im in the same situation. Im not supposed to carry at work or have a firearm while on the clock. i use the Stopbox and lock it behind my seat. I only use the stopbox for my EDC. It is not a gun safe, its a portable box that is quick to access my firearm, yet strong enough to keep my toddler out of it. The stopbox is plastic and is easily accessible for a teenager to break or pry open i would think. My four year old doesnt have that strength yet. Ive dropped the Stopbox with my gun (m&p .40 sub compact) and it didnt pop open so it seems sturdy in my experience. Ive had it about 3 years now I believe.

sidenote: when i take the doors off, i take my gun into work with my stopbox, gun unloaded, and magazines out of the gun. I dont 'like' doing this but i dont want to lose my permit, so dont flame me, i want to be a responsible gun owner.

I miss the lockbox i had under the seat for my 07 sahara.
Sponsored