First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Glock 19 with light is attached to a magnet that is mounted to the console beneath the steering column. Can't be seen from outside when windows up and easy to get to. I have no kids around.
Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Glock 19 with light is attached to a magnet that is mounted to the console beneath the steering column. Can't be seen from outside when windows up and easy to get to. I have no kids around.
Only when you're in the vehicle though, right? What do you do with it when you get to your destination and you can't carry it with you?

HankB

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport, Porsche Panamera 4S
Occupation
Retired
Doesn’t apply to everyone, but almost everyone ;)

California has very similar laws stating glove boxes and trunks are not considered safe storage devices. I would imagine this would be the same in at least half the states out there.

As a general rule I plan my trips accordingly. IfI know I’ll be at the post office or a courthouse I just keep my off duty at home. Any other time I have it on me, even traveling state to state. I cannot pass through the front gate of my workplace with a firearm, even the local police can’t do that. So we have lockers at the front gate to bench our equipment in while at work.
Sorry, I wasn’t clear with my comment. I was making the point that the Mass laws for guns in a vehicle not on your person (or “under your direct control” )
are the same as the Federal Laws that cover transporting personal firearms interstate for activities such as hunting or competition, i .e. Unloaded Firearms inside locked container (not trunk, not glove box, not console box) and ammo in separate locked container.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Window tint helps tremendously.
But yeah, out of sight is best.
At the height of the mostly peaceful unrest I had to shuttle my dad and my brother back and forth to city medical facilities frequently.
Springfield Saint Victor stayed tucked between the console and passengers seat, but I always dropped them off and stayed with the vehicle while they did their appointments.

HankB

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport, Porsche Panamera 4S
Occupation
Retired
An ideal spot in a Gladiator is behind the rear seat—since the seat itself is keyed with locks. If someone made a behind the seat lock box for a pistol or even an SBR or pistol with brace that would be great. The factor underseat box is obvious and shows locking handles to pry. There are some aftermarket under rear seat storage options that have locking capability (with some cutting/work) and no handles, so the seat bottom is essentially the lid. There are options. I wouldn’t leave my firearm in a vehicle on a regular basis. I work in a government facility so I can’t bring it work anyway.
I use a Hornaday lock box behind the seat similar to what was shown in one of the earlier posts. Both seat backs are also locked. I will also point out this box only gets used when i absolutely have to use it.

Sponsored

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
Very happy w/ LOCK'ER DOWN. Good ole US company with great customer service.

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 8.29.41 AM.png

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are missing his point. He carries. But he CAN NOT take the weapon into the building with him. So it has to stay in his JT until he leaves the building. I would get a lock box bolted under the rear seat.
Good grief, someone finally got his question - the reason for the question. He doesn't care about quick access while he's in the truck, he must secure the gun safely while he's at work and can't take it in with him.
When he's in the truck he likely doesn't have it in the gun safe.
Forest for the trees sort of thing I guess.

onewhippedpuppy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aerospace
How much space is there in those center console safes? I don’t find there to be much room in the console for a relatively small P938, any additional space taken up by the safe would exclude a lot of options.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Only when you're in the vehicle though, right? What do you do with it when you get to your destination and you can't carry it with you?
And that list is growing.

I worked for the government. I could not possibly take any weapon with me, open or concealed. So it would have had to stay in my vehicle while I was at work. You want it LOCKED up safely, hidden, when stowed in the truck (ask the friend who had his stolen from his car)
I couldn't even carry a small pocket knife when I went to the capitol building for meetings.
When I left work for the day or came to work early in the AM - I entered through the DOC door - you might be greeted by someone with bigger guns if you attempted to approach the doors of CORRECTIONS with a gun. (their doors and windows had bullet-proof glass)
I had to walk through scanners when I entered the capitol building.

Carry while driving or when you are in a place where it's legal to carry (or not against employment rules) but when at work - lock it up in the vehicle.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Window tint helps tremendously.
But yeah, out of sight is best.
At the height of the mostly peaceful unrest I had to shuttle my dad and my brother back and forth to city medical facilities frequently.
Springfield Saint Victor stayed tucked between the console and passengers seat, but I always dropped them off and stayed with the vehicle while they did their appointments.
My friend in CO who had his gun stolen - it was out of site. Hidden in the car. Someone knew he carried, got into his locked car - took the gun.
Had it been in a secured place like a gun safe, it would have been at least more difficult for them, or slowed them down. He kept it in a holster where it could not be seen.
None of us could figure out how someone knew to look for a gun. He didn't exactly broadcast that information. He figured it would be safe hidden out of sight in a car on his property.

Trekkor2020

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have the Tuffy safe and I often put my Glock 40 cal in it. I also use the prepcison quick mount attached to the dash under my steering wheel.

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
How much space is there in those center console safes? I don’t find there to be much room in the console for a relatively small P938, any additional space taken up by the safe would exclude a lot of options.
Sig P938 in a High Noon OWD fits along with the other odds and ends I have stored in it.

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but I keep getting emails from them:
https://www.consolevault.com/Jeep-Gladiator-2018-2023_p_202.html#.Y44vwnbMKUk
Seems very similar to the Tuffy.

I'm also a CCW holder (and in NYC to boot!), so I can't carry into a lot of places. I was actually thinking of getting this:
https://vaulteksafe.com/products/vaultek-slider-series/
And having it mounted to the rear seat with a cover.
I have the Vaultek 20 on my nightstand and love it. Have others throughout the house and this is by far my favorite.
Sponsored

Last edited: