First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
So my original plan was to get the Synergy tie rod and drag link and do a drag link flip. the synergy back order has gotten longer and longer every time ive looked; all the way to end of march now, so i want to pick something else.

i looked at metal cloak, but they dont do a drag link flip on jl/jt. Why is this? Is it not needed For some reason? It seems to me if you can accommodate a drag flip, the steering will be better? or does it not matter as much here?

what other options are out there? Yeti?

@Clayton Off Road you guys gonna get in the tie rod/drag game?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT-Sport S, 2021 JT-Sport S
I got off the phone with EVO today inquiring about their kits. On their page they recommend a drag link flip kit. When I asked the guy on the phone about it, he stated that none of their vehicles have one and haven’t seen a need for one.

Now that being said, I did order a Yeti XD top mount drag link with attenuator. I’ve never had an aftermarket lifted Jeep before. So I’m hoping what I’m doing is right.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I ended uo getting the synergy parts from @Northridge4x4 showed up in like 2 days.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
The Synergy tie-rod bar is probably in stock. The drag link bar is the hold up. I think I waited 6 weeks for mine.
Northridge was very good about letting me know the wait time.

I'm still waiting for Synergy to develop a full lift kit for the Gladiator.......

*Northridge shows both items in stock*

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
How much lift are you guys running or plan on running? To run the top mount will require at least 4” of suspension lift and the correct amount of bump stop or you will run into clearance issues with the frame if I remember correctly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
How much lift are you guys running or plan on running? To run the top mount will require at least 4” of suspension lift and the correct amount of bump stop or you will run into clearance issues with the frame if I remember correctly.
3” bump stop and 3”+ lift over rubicon i think which is where i will be. Drag link flip track relocation drives awesome

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT-Sport S, 2021 JT-Sport S
I will be running a 4.5” lift. Waiting for parts to be delivered now.

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running Metalcloak HD steering kit. I'm pleased with everything except for the Rocksport stabilizer...it is not very HD. I actually rigged up my Fox ts stabilizer and the Rocksport to work together.

20210115_083646.jpg

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I'm running Metalcloak HD steering kit. I'm pleased with everything except for the Rocksport stabilizer...it is not very HD. I actually rigged up my Fox ts stabilizer and the Rocksport to work together.

20210115_083646.jpg
I went full Synergy so i can drag link flip.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation

20210115_083646.jpg
I forgot to mention that looks good. Got a pic of the new stabilizer on?

Sponsored

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I forgot to mention that looks good. Got a pic of the new stabilizer on?
You have to zoom in on that pic to see the Fox stabilizer between the axle and tie rod. I ordered a Synergy relocation tie rod clamp from Amazon for $60 and used it for the Fox stabilizer on the passenger side of the tie rod. I installed the high clearance rocksport in its designed location with the MC clamp in the middle of the tie rod.

20210115_083646.jpg

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
You have to zoom in on that pic to see the Fox stabilizer between the axle and tie rod. I ordered a Synergy relocation tie rod clamp from Amazon for $60 and used it for the Fox stabilizer on the passenger side of the tie rod. I installed the high clearance rocksport in its designed location with the MC clamp in the middle of the tie rod.

20210115_083646.jpg
Oh shit. I didnt realize you were running both stabilizers. Haha!

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Oh shit. I didnt realize you were running both stabilizers. Haha!
Yea, when I took the TS off and just ran with the Rocksport it didn't do very well. I've since changed tires and realized that I had 2 tires that were out of round and were contributing to DW.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Yea, when I took the TS off and just ran with the Rocksport it didn't do very well. I've since changed tires and realized that I had 2 tires that were out of round and were contributing to DW.
What brand tires?