Need taller springs - Frankenstein lift questions

slapdappy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator - Rubicon
So, I have the 3.5 MetalCloak game changer lift on my JT (I am cloaked out). Here is my issue, I need my ass up and want to go higher: 4.5 - 5". Trails in Moab are obviously much harder in a JT and I knew that when I bought it but looking for short term fix before Dana 60s and 40s. Anyway, anyone have suggestions on 5" plus springs that work well with MC? I have been told pucks are an option but don't know if I want to go that route. Also, a side question, has anyone put stiffer shocks or made specific changes when they have a rack and tent on their bed? I am not an Overlander per se but for the summer we want to be able to go camping. Thanks for your time in advance!
Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Nice to hear you like the metalcloak GC lift. I feel your pain when it comes to having such a break over issue on these trucks vs the wranglers.
Here’s my thoughts on getting longer springs.
Do Evo springs in the 6” size. That said what length of shocks are you using? I have the Teraflex 3.3’s in the longest length, even longer than the MC rocksports, and they are my limiting factor to have more flex/lift? I did an rti ramp the other day and I could have gotten further up if I wasn’t limited.
The other worry is if you go to such a long spring, does the control arms have enough adjustment to accommodate the size of spring? That question would have to be answered by metalcloak.

if you are serious about switching out your axles, I’d suggest to wait in doing any changes unless you like throwing a bunch of money away for the short term solution. When you go to the new axles you will have to go full on custom length shocks like kings and possibly get all new control arms too.

your going to have to plan it all out.
Good luck with your decisions.

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
So, I have the 3.5 MetalCloak game changer lift on my JT (I am cloaked out). Here is my issue, I need my ass up and want to go higher: 4.5 - 5". Trails in Moab are obviously much harder in a JT and I knew that when I bought it but looking for short term fix before Dana 60s and 40s. Anyway, anyone have suggestions on 5" plus springs that work well with MC? I have been told pucks are an option but don't know if I want to go that route. Also, a side question, has anyone put stiffer shocks or made specific changes when they have a rack and tent on their bed? I am not an Overlander per se but for the summer we want to be able to go camping. Thanks for your time in advance!
I have the Metalcloak CA's with 4.5" Evo coils. I have the front lower CA's extended out to the Evo spec (23.5" I think). The ride became pretty rough due to the angle of the front CA's so I ended up getting the Rancho geo brackets which worked perfectly! I also installed Bilstein B8 5160 shocks which are a little stiffer and ride a lot smoother.

20210711_163802.jpg

20201202_173556.jpg
Sponsored