Sponsored

Negotiate the 84 month 0% apr on a rubicon....

Hippieman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, DeLorean, Chevy G Van
Has anyone attempted to negotiate the 0% APR financing for 84 months on a rubicon Gladiator? Wondering if this could be done. Thanks!
Sponsored

Dave S

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport s
Occupation
Sales Manager
Has anyone attempted to negotiate the 0% APR financing for 84 months on a rubicon Gladiator? Wondering if this could be done. Thanks!
Nope. Incentives come form the manufacturer. Not on gladiators. And if they did would not be on rubicon

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
They were gathering dust even before the downturn.

Not gonna say that I expect them to discontinue the JT, but I wouldn't be surprised. Go back to cranking out Wranglers. An MSRP adjustment was needed even before this mess hit, IMO. Without a vaccine and/or treatment for C-19, don't expect current situations to change/improve. We're in for a longer mess than maybe we think. Have you noticed they feed the bad news to us "two weeks" at a time? Constantly hearing, "the next two weeks . . . " with little good news in sight.

EDIT: Sorry, my post was off topic. Not deleting it, though! ;)

Jeep corporate would need to expand the current incentive to include the JTR for the dealer to do it. They really should offer it IMO; pretty sure it's available on both Ram and Silverado half tons.

Last edited:

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
Why would anyone want zero interest? W’hen the do the zero interest they are just charging you MSRP and paying the interest out of that. They actually make more profit. If you negotiate 11% off MSRP and pay interest you can get from a credit union or bank you get a much better deal! And you should never get an auto loan for more than 60 months.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Why would anyone want zero interest? W’hen the do the zero interest they are just charging you MSRP and paying the interest out of that. They actually make more profit. If you negotiate 11% off MSRP and pay interest you can get from a credit union or bank you get a much better deal! And you should never get an auto loan for more than 60 months.
Well if someone wants one of these bad enough and the only way they feel they can pay for the ridiculously high prices being charged for vehicles is to stretch it out over time. Assuming they are comfortable with it and plan on keeping the vehicle forever

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would anyone want zero interest? W’hen the do the zero interest they are just charging you MSRP and paying the interest out of that.
Uh, what?? When we bought our FCA product in 2015, we negotiated the price. It was also an interest free loan. One was nothing to do with the other (but buyer beware, as always).

When I'm offered free money, I listen . . .

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
Uh, what?? When we bought our FCA product in 2015, we negotiated the price. It was also an interest free loan. One was nothing to do with the other (but buyer beware, as always).

When I'm offered free money, I listen . . .
Bottom line is you could've gotten a better deal if you didn't get zero percent on the loan. FCA still is buying the rate down......

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
Well if someone wants one of these bad enough and the only way they feel they can pay for the ridiculously high prices being charged for vehicles is to stretch it out over time. Assuming they are comfortable with it and plan on keeping the vehicle forever
I agree, if folks are going to make bad decisions, they just will. But if you are able to qualify for a loan, you're better off with a better cost!

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
On the Jeep site I see 0% for Rubicons now. It shows for 36 months but when you click the disclosures underneath it shows 0% possible from 36 months to 84 months.
It also says "for well qualified buyers" and I have never been sure what that means but it probably means not for me.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Bottom line is you could've gotten a better deal if you didn't get zero percent on the loan. FCA still is buying the rate down......
The deal depends entirely on your dealership - FCA is buying the rate down, not the dealership. FCA only cares about moving units to make things look good for the shareholders while the dealers focus on moving inventory they've already paid for. The only reduction in the deal you'd see is going to be related to incentives that generally don't come with 0%.

I'm not about to go into a full finance lesson here but 0% is immensely powerful if used smartly. This of course assumes you're not leveraging it to live beyond your means, pissing away the down payment you would have made on hookers and blow, and that you are actually doing something intelligent with that money like investing in retirement. Sadly, that's frequently not the case.

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
The deal depends entirely on your dealership - FCA is buying the rate down, not the dealership. FCA only cares about moving units to make things look good for the shareholders while the dealers focus on moving inventory they've already paid for. The only reduction in the deal you'd see is going to be related to incentives that generally don't come with 0%.

I'm not about to go into a full finance lesson here but 0% is immensely powerful if used smartly. This of course assumes you're not leveraging it to live beyond your means, pissing away the down payment you would have made on hookers and blow, and that you are actually doing something intelligent with that money like investing in retirement. Sadly, that's frequently not the case.
No need to go into a full finance lesson here. Managed both consumer and business financing for fortune 500 companies.......

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
On the Jeep site I see 0% for Rubicons now. It shows for 36 months but when you click the disclosures underneath it shows 0% possible from 36 months to 84 months.
It also says "for well qualified buyers" and I have never been sure what that means but it probably means not for me.
i think that just shows pay example

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll put it this way: Zero financing will in no way affect the price I pay for the vehicle. My money, my choice. Which I guess is why I still don't have a JT, lol!