Sponsored

Nerf Bar Side Step Recommendations (Open Toe vs Closed Toe)

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1931 Model A, 1999 Evo Chopper.
Hi All,

I am about to pull the trigger on a set of classic-looking Nerf Bars and looking for some advice. Stylistically I like the 3-inch open toe model. I also like the model that curves in the front and has a cap closing them off to the elements. I have read that a few really like the close-toe model because their feet don't slip-in. I think the 3 inch looks better because it shows less of the pinch at the bottom which looks unfinished without running boards.

I am leaning toward the RC 3inch Nerf Bar or Havoc Offroad HS2 Hoop Side Step Bars.

My question for anyone with open-toe model. Do you, your wife or your kids foot ever actually slip in? Also, did anyone find a model that covers the bottom really well?

Few web picture for examples:

Jeep Gladiator Nerf Bar Side Step Recommendations (Open Toe vs Closed Toe) images

Jeep Gladiator Nerf Bar Side Step Recommendations (Open Toe vs Closed Toe) images_ePIM_original_NFBNFB_LG_Podium_CL_OnWhite_w100_h100_cr_q80

Jeep Gladiator Nerf Bar Side Step Recommendations (Open Toe vs Closed Toe) Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 7.26.07 PM

Jeep Gladiator Nerf Bar Side Step Recommendations (Open Toe vs Closed Toe) images-1
Sponsored

OP
OP
FastCarsCheapThrills
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You might look at the rockhard sliders with down tube. I ordered those but with the tube up.
Thanks for the recommendation. I do like that they cover the bottom of the jeep and have nice steps. I had my mind set on a classic nerf bar look, but I'll look at these a little longer before I make a decision.

images-2.jpg

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
I ordered the N Fab Predator Pro Nerf steps. Mainly for the wife and my son. I love how they look and the wife and son have no problems using them.
Jeep Gladiator Nerf Bar Side Step Recommendations (Open Toe vs Closed Toe) 2C40F0FC-7EE2-4E06-AFC0-00F588979DA8
Jeep Gladiator Nerf Bar Side Step Recommendations (Open Toe vs Closed Toe) 91EA164B-1335-4050-91B3-139BEE9B8274

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
IMO big steps hanging down do not look good and I would imagine for using off road would get hung up very easily.

OP
OP
FastCarsCheapThrills
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMO big steps hanging down do not look good and I would imagine for using off road would get hung up very easily.
Kid and wife getting in and out are more of a priority now. I am in SoCal so it's mainly street and desert. If I do the Rubicon trail or something serious I will just switch them out for that trip. I also like the look and history of the Nerf bars protecting cars for racing. I like all those classic car elements, especially seeing them repurposed to be practical.

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
You might look at the rockhard sliders with down tube. I ordered those but with the tube up.
I've been watching videos on the up angled ones. It seems they offer a bit of usefulness as a step but hard to tell. Would you not recommend the up angled ones as multifunctional?
Sponsored