Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Come on team how is it that its only Rob and I that really wanna do this??

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
If you have a sponsor for me, Iā€™d join you guys. šŸ˜‚ not sure how useful Iā€™d be as Iā€™m new to 4WD but I can learn.

Why do they have to charge so much? Can we compete for free as long as we dont want to claim a prize?

4S50

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sportsman of Leisure
Does anyone know what the "Vehicle Preparation" is? I see it referenced on their site but I can not find what it actually consists of.

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Does anyone know what the "Vehicle Preparation" is? I see it referenced on their site but I can not find what it actually consists of.
I guess you have to sign up first. Itā€™s a secret LOL

ā€œOnce you signed up, you will receive an email to download the complete registration paperwork. Read the "Vehicle Preparation" section for check list and required items.ā€

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
C'mon guys need another vehicle to make up the team! Let's take it from the Land Rovers!

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
its on the fb page
If you have a sponsor for me, Iā€™d join you guys. šŸ˜‚ not sure how useful Iā€™d be as Iā€™m new to 4WD but I can learn.

Why do they have to charge so much? Can we compete for free as long as we dont want to claim a prize?

I agree. I dont even know what the prize is? I am also wondering if the 850 is for hotel and food or if we have to come up with that ourselves. But its really 425 a person. its 850 per vehicle i think. i dont think you can compete if you dont pay because then they would say your helping others out. Hell you cant even have a 3rd person in the vehicle.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
its on the fb page

I agree. I dont even know what the prize is? I am also wondering if the 850 is for hotel and food or if we have to come up with that ourselves. But its really 425 a person. its 850 per vehicle i think. i dont think you can compete if you dont pay because then they would say your helping others out. Hell you cant even have a 3rd person in the vehicle.
Participation trophy šŸ†? Dunno. Bragging rights? I'm good with that. It's not about the win as so much the journey to get there.

Sponsored

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
can you post it? No FB canā€™t see it.
For Immediate Release; 5th of Jan, 2022
NEVADA TROPHY 2022
February 16-19.
Fernley, NV
Gā€™Day! Itā€™s that time again;
Nevada Trophy 2022 is on track and we have some fun in store for you! 2021 will be our 26th year of Adventure!
I have no idea where the time went, over the year the NVTR crew has had many days of fun & adventure, plus wild stories to tell while laying out and running the Nevada Trophy since 1996
For this 26th season we've chosen to expand our event, which some of you know was/is based on CAMEL TROPHY - I was the first American chosen to go in 1986 Downunder. I had to make a choice to go Downunder or race motorcycles at Daytona.. I went to Daytona and won! I can drive Land Roverā€™s in the mud any old day. This thought is why I created Nevada Trophy.
This year's event is February 16-19, 2022 in lovely Fernley, Nevada.
Details will only be given out to competitors once entries are all confirmed/closed.
Maximum vehicle entry has been increased to 40 vehicles (by BLM).
Three Classes this year:
1) 4X4 class as always (must have low-range transfer).
2) AWD X-over type suv (no low-range transfer box).
3) Pre-Runner 2WD Stock. (ie: Tacoma, Frontier, etc)
All cars must be 100% road legal, tires must be DOT approved. Suggest "LT" rated. Thread type is open. Dia open on 4x4 class. Diamete on AWD & Pre-Runner is only increase of 10%.
Driver & Navigator required in each vehicle & may switch roles at any time without Penalty (no passengers).
This is a GPS Rally Raid, oldest in North America.. we preceded Geocaching... really, we just weren't bright enough to realize it!
Required: GPS (2), handheld compass (not your phone), cellphone, CB Radio (we prefer SSB), Laptop or iPad are allowed, Clothes for all conditions (sun, rain, snow, etc), Shoes/Boots for conditions (no tennis shoes permitted), Work gloves (use them instead of cutting your hand on rocks and thinking about it after the fact), Winter gloves & clothing, Eye protection (glasses, safety glasses or goggles); Food-Drinks-survival foods-etc; Medical Insurance (proof required), First-Aid kit, Fire Extinguisher(s).
Required Vehicle: Following must be in perfect working order: Lights, Wipers, Window on front doors must open/close, No broken/cracked windscreen, Seat belt-Harness type (stock ok), Exhaust system. Current License & Insurance (proof required).
More Required in Vehicle: Spare Tire(s) in perfect order (we suggest 2), Snow Chains, Fire Extinguisher(s), First-Aid kit, Flash Lights (1-ea), Recovery Equipment (winches are permitted), Tire repair kit suggested, Ice box, etc.
NOTE: All gear and equipment MUST be safely secured/strapped down inside the vehicle, this means Fire Extinguishers too!
Hi-Lift cannot be laying on the rear seat or the floor, it must be bolted down. Hi-Lift are not permitted on hood in front on windscreen.
This year since we're competing in "Winter" officially, thus there will be ā€œTEAMSā€. this means every 2-Cars = 1-Team. Scoring however is SEPARATE.
Required: all participants will carry and display said decal(s) and Number(s) as required by NevadaTrophy.com and any sponsor(s) as directed by NVTR. Failure to comply will result in "NOT starting the event and loss of all entry fees."
We are currently working in Nevada, so please practice somewhere else.
If youā€™re new and want to practice GPS and how to find waypoints, easy way is Geocaching.com and do it near home with you team-mate.
This will also benefit you and your team-mates Might be an idea to watch some of the videos on site and see how other winning teams have accomplished such. Remember, as Bill Turpie would tell competitors, "It's all about Time Management." So don't waste your time... get going!
Entries are now open. To avoid Post-Entry increase and to secure your Starting postion get you entry in today at www.NevadaTrophy.com
We will offer a Practice day before the event like 2019.
Hotel Info will be sent in Confirmation Notice AFTER youā€™ve paid entry fees.
There is a new twist, that is of an Insurance charge, like when we raced AMA Pro we always had to buy insurance. This is REQUIRED. The industry has gone nut and insurance now 3x what it was!
Hope you all have a great holiday season, masks or not, and we'll chat at ya later.
Follow us on Instagram: NevadaTrophy Twitter: OffRoadExperience & FB; Nevada Trophy
Michael Green
Executive Director, NevadaTrophy.com
OffRoadExperience.com
offices in Livermore, CA 94551 & Fernley

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
Participation trophy šŸ†? Dunno. Bragging rights? I'm good with that. It's not about the win as so much the journey to get there.
I agree, I want the adventure. Hell, if any of you Vegas guys ever wanna go wheelin with a newbie and my stock Gladiator Rubicon Iā€™m down.

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Iā€™d like to do it but with such short notice I donā€™t think I can.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Iā€™d like to do it but with such short notice I donā€™t think I can.
As morphius said to neo don't think you can know you can.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Anyone!?!
Sponsored