Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
They are so ugly in person too. Looks like a massive forehead or something. The proportions are just off. Super functional, though.

If you get the hardtop the windows have to roll down 1/2" every time you open or close them too. I know frameless glass is cool, but it seemed a little ripe for breakage.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
If you get the hardtop the windows have to roll down 1/2" every time you open or close them too. I know frameless glass is cool, but it seemed a little ripe for breakage.
This is super common, especially among cars. I can't think of a single time I've seen the window break because of this. I'd wager this is a non-issue, or it wouldn't be so prolific in car design.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It's like I said in my video a year ago now, these new Broncos will be riddled with issues for a long while. First of all it's Ford, who went off the tracks 10 years ago and never has gotten back on them due to horrible upper management. Secondly it's a brand new clean sheet design they haven't done in decades. It will take them a few years at minimum to get the problems sorted out. This is only the tip of the iceberg.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
This is super common, especially among cars. I can't think of a single time I've seen the window break because of this. I'd wager this is a non-issue, or it wouldn't be so prolific in car design.
Gotcha. Been living under a rock I suppose. Still seemed pretty wobbly.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I get to mess around in a lot of vehicles and it’s interesting to note the design trends across various lines. I cancelled my day one Bronco order after getting feedback from a multi-dealership owner back in Marchnand at times have been a little regretful as I wait for the MY22 JT, Frontier and Tacoma roll outs. Earlier this week I was able to play around in the Bronco. I was a bit surprised to say the interior fit and finish is closer to a Ranger Tremor than an F150. You can clearly get an idea what the 23 Ranger will be. The leather doesn’t feel great and the seat lacks support, much like the current Ranger. The back seat is tighter than expected. It’s also a weird mix of retro and technology. After sitting and driving both, I actually prefer the JTs ergonomics and design. I have not done a highway test, so IDK how much better the IFS may be compared to the JT SFA on the highway. All in all, no regrets on cancelling my order.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
Come on, the article itself is clickbait. The article says "Two owners on the Bronco6G forum are reporting various issues..." TWO! If those are the types of numbers that justify an article to be written, we have a ton of JT owners on this site that need to be interviewed for their news stories.

No offense to the OP, but for a Gladiator site, we sure post about Broncos a lot. My wife and I pre-ordered one for her, and I believe it's in production now. Hopefully we won't be the THIRD to report issues, when it arrives, lol!

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Come on, the article itself is clickbait. The article says "Two owners on the Bronco6G forum are reporting various issues..." TWO! If those are the types of numbers that justify an article to be written, we have a ton of JT owners on this site that need to be interviewed for their news stories.

No offense to the OP, but for a Gladiator site, we sure post about Broncos a lot. My wife and I pre-ordered one for her, and I believe it's in production now. Hopefully we won't be the THIRD to report issues, when it arrives, lol!
It's many reported issues (snakeskin, soft tops whistling, leaks, and soft tops being loose enought for your hand to fit in the gap). In fact Ford cancelled their contract with Webasto to make the matching color tops. Webasto is a German company with lots of experience making tops (including Jeep). This is a design and chemicals used in the manufacturing process fault, not Webasto's fault.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...developing-honeycomb-snakeskin-pattern.19716/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...basto-loses-contract.19864/page-3#post-711720

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Yep. My 2001 TT Roadster does this.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Its the Jeep cultists. No worries. Like anything else that's new, there will be teething problems. year 1 buyers should expect that with any brand.

Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I think anyone that's on this site just likes cars in general. Talking about the Bronco is normal. I agree that any of these early issues are mostly just interesting to talk about, not reason to totally bash the thing. Give them a model year or so to work out the kinks.

On the other hand, you can't fix ugly - and that hardtop is ugly from certain angles. Definitely looks better topless. Ha, might even look better with the honeycomb texture!

Alligatorgun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I think anyone that's on this site just likes cars in general. Talking about the Bronco is normal. I agree that any of these early issues are mostly just interesting to talk about, not reason to totally bash the thing. Give them a model year or so to work out the kinks.

On the other hand, you can't fix ugly - and that hardtop is ugly from certain angles. Definitely looks better topless. Ha, might even look better with the honeycomb texture!
Yep that’s me. I love cool vehicles! Love my Mojave, and someday after all these problems are sorted I’ll convert my reservation and get a cool Bronco…

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
I'm definitely no Marque fanboy. I saw that article, then skimmed all 30-some odd pages of that thread. It's definitely not isolated. It's classic early production teething issues exacerbated by pandemic era complications. If Ford handles it well, it'll be water under the bridge, and no harm no foul. If they don't... Let's be honest, Ford is possibly the worst brand I'm aware of at this sort of thing. From personal experience, I've seen the early Focus cooling system issues, and the more recent DCT crib deaths (I drove one failing at just 16K miles). The thread cites several others. For years, I averaged about 6 months a car, and I toured every make, country of origin, engine configuration and placement, you name it. Had a blast. The only brand I'm sworn off is Ford... He types somewhat hypocritically with a '51 Ford F1 truck bed trailer in his driveway...

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I have a Bronco reservation. I was going to hold out until MY 2022 to get a white hardtop. Because I agree. The MIC top is ugly. Its even uglier in person. But now that they have pushed the painted tops to 2023, and it looks like the 4xe will make its appearance in the Gladiator in 2022, I'm starting to lean towards the Gladiator. (fingers crossed)

This is the color and top combination I will order if it is ever available. I keep my cars for a long time. I'm not going to buy a Bronco that is ugly. And I'm not going to buy a Gladiator that is too slow for my tastes. So I wait.

Here's my combo:

Jeep Gladiator New Bronco!  Hard Top Issues  ... White Top Cactus Gray 2021 Bronco 4 Door 3

Jeep Gladiator New Bronco!  Hard Top Issues  ... 13389

arneb04

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Working
I see the comment on here a lot that people want a faster gladiator or they want a regular production 5.7. Hate to break it to you but that won’t happen. FCA ended the production of the Dakota to focus on the full size truck market and they didn’t bring it back because the expectation was that they would offer the big engine in a smaller than full size package as they’re known to do and that would eat away full size sales and profit margins. The gladiator made sense because there was no expectation of losing it with a giant motor rather they could be platform consistent with the JL and use the options available. It also is a brick of a truck and more than likely the v8 would get worst gas mileage than they already do with the 6 and eat away at the cafe standards. You might get a limited production 392. But I would not wait on a regular production 8cly model.
Sponsored