Sponsored

New Gen 3 2022 Nissan Frontier Pro4X totaled in parking lot hitting curb at 10 MPH.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Slow day at work and cruising the interwebs and found this gem on a Nissan Frontier forum were a guy with the new Gen 3 Frontier Pro4X jumped a parking lot curb at 10 MPH and totaled his Frontier. Insurance totaled it because of frame and firewall damage. Surprised at the amount of damage for something as simple as a parking lot curb on their so called off road model.

https://www.clubfrontier.org/threads/my-22ā€™-pro4x-is-totaled.380125/

Looking around at other threads over there on the new Gen 3 Frontier and it seems to be a total dumpster fire of quality issues.

Frontier.jpg
Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
If thatā€™s totaledā€¦ Iā€™d be buying it back from the insurance in a heartbeat.

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Popped the ball joint out of the LCA and knuckle........yeah that was more then 10mph.

Sponsored

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Slow day at work and cruising the interwebs and found this gem on a Nissan Frontier forum were a guy with the new Gen 3 Frontier Pro4X jumped a parking lot curb at 10 MPH and totaled his Frontier. Insurance totaled it because of frame and firewall damage. Surprised at the amount of damage for something as simple as a parking lot curb on their so called off road model.

https://www.clubfrontier.org/threads/my-22ā€™-pro4x-is-totaled.380125/

Looking around at other threads over there on the new Gen 3 Frontier and it seems to be a total dumpster fire of quality issues.

Jeep Gladiator New Gen 3 2022 Nissan Frontier Pro4X totaled in parking lot hitting curb at 10 MPH. Frontier
the curb clearly hit the suspension directly not the tires. The front bumper scuff also indicates the front end was at the curb height. I bet it was uphill when it happened.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Black Rhinos are heavy though.....

VolInGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Gladiator Overland
the curb clearly hit the suspension directly not the tires. The front bumper scuff also indicates the front end was at the curb height. I bet it was uphill when it happened.
The other picture on the guys post probably explains it. He hit the light pole base with the wheel turned. Bumper hit first, then caught the wheel and thatā€™s what did the damage, not the curb.

472B770F-5472-40AA-8242-AF8C2B2CF78D.jpeg

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
The other picture on the guys post probably explains it. He hit the light pole base with the wheel turned. Bumper hit first, then caught the wheel and thatā€™s what did the damage, not the curb.

472B770F-5472-40AA-8242-AF8C2B2CF78D.jpeg
I thought the same as well, I wish we had some pictures front on or from the rear to see the trucks angle relative to the pole, that would be telling.