New Gladiator Down

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Gas Mojave with only 3 k miles on it. No signs of trouble. Mileage is OK and everything just works as a new Jeep should... Until today. Driving over some train tracks and after I clear them, suddenly no throttle response. Engine is still running though. Pull of the road thinking it's an ECU or battery issue and shut it off. When I try to start it, it cranks but won't start. It acted like it ran out of gas but gas is at 6% which looks like 1/8 on the screen.
Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Gas Mojave with only 3 k miles on it. No signs of trouble. Mileage is OK and everything just works as a new Jeep should... Until today. Driving over some train tracks and after I clear them, suddenly no throttle response. Engine is still running though. Pull of the road thinking it's an ECU or battery issue and shut it off. When I try to start it, it cranks but won't start. It acted like it ran out of gas but gas is at 6% which looks like 1/8 on the screen.
Put gas in it and try to start it.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Stupid question, but 1/8 is crazy low. How do you know it's at 6%? Mine doesn't show a percent. What does the range screen show? 6% would be like 1.3 gallons. Is that enough to cover the fuel pump? 6% is more like 1/16th.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not a gas issue.
Agree - but I still cringe and am ready to call myself an idiot when I pull out and have only 25 miles left according to the cluster display and the gauge is only about 1/8 tank.
I don't know why I do that with this truck - I won't let my SX4 get below 1/4 (of course no baffles in the tank, in tank pump......)

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If it was running smoothly when you shut it off, very doubtful it's "out of gas".
How rough were the tracks? Several people have said they "fixed" things by making sure all fuses were pressed in firmly. Seems weird to me - but when more than one person says the same thing, it can't hurt.
But going over tracks - there's railroad crossings and then there's railroad crossings that would beat up even the best of trucks around here and knock out your dental implants.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I bet that it either needs more gas, or an electrical connector/fuse popped loose.

I'd try filling it with some more gas. If that doesn't work you can either start hunting around for fuse block or electrical issues or have the dealership take a look at it instead. 'Tis the reason there's a warranty.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Agree - but I still cringe and am ready to call myself an idiot when I pull out and have only 25 miles left according to the cluster display and the gauge is only about 1/8 tank.
I don't know why I do that with this truck - I won't let my SX4 get below 1/4 (of course no baffles in the tank, in tank pump......)
Funny thing I do the same thing. Any other vehicle I've ever owned when it gets below half a tank I'll start looking for a gas station. I've had to Gladiator down to 5 miles till empty before and at 20 quite a few times. Every time I feel stupid

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
Did you get a check engine light or something? If a fuse went out or some module failed, you'd get a check engine light

Sponsored

OP
OP
ScooterInTX

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Stupid question, but 1/8 is crazy low. How do you know it's at 6%? Mine doesn't show a percent. What does the range screen show? 6% would be like 1.3 gallons. Is that enough to cover the fuel pump? 6% is more like 1/16th.
The UConnect app. I have to admit this is the lowest I have had it since I bought it.
The tracks themselves aren't that bad. Small hump so hopefully it's just a coincidence.

Dealer has it now so we will see. Crappy part is that after they check out the basics, it will take 5 days for a tech to diagnose it!

OP
OP
ScooterInTX

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Did you get a check engine light or something? If a fuse went out or some module failed, you'd get a check engine light
No lights or nothing. Just out of the blue, the pedal wouldn't respond. After I tried starting it for the 15th time, I did get a notification for a "Powertrain" malfunction light

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
No lights or nothing. Just out of the blue, the pedal wouldn't respond. After I tried starting it for the 15th time, I did get a notification for a "Powertrain" malfunction light
Well something is F'd. When I collected my '21 I went over the fusebox and the fuses were not seated all the way. This is due to dealer prep not following prep instructions