Sponsored

New Gladiator owner with a few questions!

Coolhandluke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon diesel in Hydro Blue
Jeep Gladiator New Gladiator owner with a few questions! 05D287E0-A242-469C-B20F-BE75C43C5619

Hey all, I’m the proud new owner of this beauty. Guess I’m new again to a Jeep my last being a 99 Wrangler. With the black fenders what detailing products do you all use to keep them rich and avoid sun fading? I travel to work on a rough patch of highway where trucks kick up rocks pretty regularly. I ordered a hood protector from quadratic and some door sill guards as well. I traveled 300 miles to get the Gladiator I wanted and was surprised to average 26 mpg on the cruise home. Love the diesel so far. Any recommendations on other first mods/new owner enhancements?
Sponsored

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I did Mopar all weather mats and Best top seat covers and it’s been game on ever since. A person needs to learn to pace themselves with Jeep mods it can get very expensive.

Outside Reality Check

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Toyota 4Runner LTD
Occupation
Surgical Technologist
Vehicle Showcase
Great shot of a great GLAD, that blue is an awesome color. I never thought too much of bed covers until I had a truck with one, now it's a must have. Mopar grab handles for various sized passengers. Mopar slush mats, spider web shade when the weather gets warm, and foot pegs when the doors come off too. Oh yeah, an offshore bank account so I can "three card monty" all the money I spend on my GLAD, without the wife finding out; right away.

OP
OP

Coolhandluke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon diesel in Hydro Blue
Great shot of a great GLAD, that blue is an awesome color. I never thought too much of bed covers until I had a truck with one, now it's a must have. Mopar grab handles for various sized passengers. Mopar slush mats, spider web shade when the weather gets warm, and foot pegs when the doors come off too. Oh yeah, an offshore bank account so I can "three card monty" all the money I spend on my GLAD, without the wife finding out; right away.
Haha!! I can see the mod bug hits really hard with these trucks! I appreciate the compliments on the color! I’ll have to look into the handles and foot pegs. I’ve been looking at bed covers and will definitely want one by winter. Thanks!!

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Use mother's back to black on the fenders makes them look brand new. I use it about every 6-8 weeks on mine. A bottle last about 4 or 5 months. Bed cover is a must and if you don't got slush mats I'd say get a set of those. I got the Mopar ones with mine. Love the blue, it was second choice, could pass up the Gator when I saw it.

Jeep Gladiator New Gladiator owner with a few questions! PXL_20210328_233737820.PORTRAIT~2

Welcome Back!!!

Jeep Gladiator New Gladiator owner with a few questions! images

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
Welcome back to the community. We never really leave.

The fender flare material is better made than your previous 99. They don't fade as fast and turn milky white. Protection now will keep them looking new. 303 Protection is what I use. I buy the largest spray bottle out there and use it on everything rubber or vinyl. Door seals and weatherstripping is often overlooked, they need love too.

Mothers back to black is a good product also but doesn't do anything to nourish like 303 and you need to reapply often.

KevinC

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
I'm old school. I have a 10 year old gallon jug of Armor All that does great on the black part of the fenders, rear bumper, overland side steps and even the parts of the chassis pants you can see.

Dead pedal and grab handles from Amazon, sill protectors from Quadratec, sound mats for inside hardtop ( there are 100 companies they are all the same) There's a few to get you started!

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
I second the 303 recommendation. Back to black is great when the fade has started. 303 has a good amount of UV protectant, and I use it on all of my plastic and rubber parts. My JT has painted fenders, but my 2015 JK had the black “plastic” fenders, and I live in FL. The sun kills them. I would soak them in 303. You won’t get the dark, rich, wet look from 303 because it’s not silicone or petroleum based, but you will get protection and more of a matte black look. As a matter of fact, I installed truck accessories waaaay back in college, and we had a tonneau manufacturer (I think it was sportmaster?) that was the only one at the time offering a lifetime warranty on the tonneau itself. The only catch was that you had to use 303, and any other products would void the warranty. One thing I would mention is that Armor All is a household name, but if you look at the cracked plastic dashes from the 80s and 90s, a good % of those owners used Armor All. The base ingredient in Armor All used to actually cause the plastic to dry out, then it would become brittle and crack over time. I can’t tell you how many people would come in to order replacement dashes and say “but I use Armor All on it weekly...” I heard the formula may have changed, but I can’t confirm that. Just my $.02

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
I'm another vote for 303...

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO

Hey all, I’m the proud new owner of this beauty. Guess I’m new again to a Jeep my last being a 99 Wrangler. With the black fenders what detailing products do you all use to keep them rich and avoid sun fading? I travel to work on a rough patch of highway where trucks kick up rocks pretty regularly. I ordered a hood protector from quadratic and some door sill guards as well. I traveled 300 miles to get the Gladiator I wanted and was surprised to average 26 mpg on the cruise home. Love the diesel so far. Any recommendations on other first mods/new owner enhancements?
Nice looking truck.

My 08 JKU Wrangler fenders were very sun faded. I tried Mother's Back to Black on them and was very impressed by how well it worked. I'll use it on my Gladiator too.

Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Welcome back, love that color and the diesel!!

I have ceramic coating and saves from scratches especially tight trails with tree branches.

My flares have held up fine since October of 2019 and it gets hot here in the south during summer months.

Lots of aftermarket products to protect the black plastic. Mother’s makes good products I’ve used before.

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
I did Mopar all weather mats and Best top seat covers and it’s been game on ever since. A person needs to learn to pace themselves with Jeep mods it can get very expensive.
How do you like the Bestop seat covers? Does Bestop have the covers for the back seat available now? I've been trying to figure out what covers to get for my rig.

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
I fifth the 303 products. Best I have found. All their stuff is great.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload

Not to be funny, But best thing to help those fenders is a garage. I have a two car garage at home and park in a garage at work. It’s amazing how big of a difference it makes. I wash it in the garage with a rinseless cleaner and cleaning it is a breeze.

Don’t think I could ever have a house again without a garage. Second to a garage... carport!

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Here’s a vote for cerakote wipes. Put them on wife’s flares in October and they still look fresh. Not quite a wet look? but shinier than stock.
You have to be careful to clean everything before applying and having good lighting to make sure you get an even application because it will last a long time after it dries. I have some marks on my door handle I can’t get off because I didn’t clean well enough before applying :headbang:
I only used a couple wipes per side and did all plastic trim basically.

Jeep Gladiator New Gladiator owner with a few questions! 1621089085255

CERAKOTE Ceramic Trim Coat - Guaranteed Restoration to Last over 200 Washes - A Ceramic Coating Not a Dressing - Quick and Easy to Apply https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07SHJVK4G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_3R16P5D961E7FK1SSV8R

Sponsored