Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Military
Greetings all!

Having never owned a Jeep in my life, I sought to rectify that situation this week. Picked up a Gladiator Overland and so far, just a few days in, I am loving it!

Please shoot me any and all recommendations for gear, equipment, or other modifications that you may recommend. I'm brand new to this "culture" so excited to learn more about it and how to get the most out of the experience.

Thanks!

140047610_346291353013848_4556954505977432394_n.jpg
Sponsored

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
Welcome! You will get a lot of help and info here!

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Congratulations on the new ride and be prepared to "J.E.E.P." JUST EMPTY EVERY POCKET.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I joined this forum 2 weeks ago and started on page one of the thread: "What Did You Do To Your Jeep Today." It took 5 days to get through all 570-some pages of modifications and now I have an Amazon cart with tons of dollars worth of equipment/accessories/bric-a-brac in it to sort through. The one thing I have found is that everyone is helpful and respectful and not afraid to take a Sawzall to a $40K vehicle. Have fun and remember, if you like it, it's all good!

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Since you asked I recommend you reinstall the normal grill
Otherwise there are nearly limitless mods for your Jeep. Since you’re brand new to jeeping my only other recommendation is that you drive it for 90 days and figure out what you’re hoping to accomplish with it

I appreciate your service, think of the Jeep like your would a brand new platform rifle. Use if first then figure out where you want or need improvement

OP
OP
Havoc_Six

Havoc_Six

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Since you asked I recommend you reinstall the normal grill
Otherwise there are nearly limitless mods for your Jeep. Since you’re brand new to jeeping my only other recommendation is that you drive it for 90 days and figure out what you’re hoping to accomplish with it

I appreciate your service, think of the Jeep like your would a brand new platform rifle. Use if first then figure out where you want or need improvement
Thank you! Definitely have had the same thought - I think it'll also be more apparent once warmer weather sets in and I can hopefully figure it a bit more from there.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
Welcome to the club. I’m a first timer too and the amount of information on here is incredible. I’m still part of the stock club but loving it just the same. Open air is pretty awesome. My only wish is that Jeep came out with this 10 years ago. Thanks for your service and enjoy your new toy

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Nice looking Jeep. Love the red.
Don't let anyone tell you what to do with your Jeep.
That being said, take that horrible angry bird grill off and go back to stock!
I'm just kidding....sort of.

An easy to install front leveling kit and 33's or 35's with a set of aftermarket wheels will dramatically improve the looks of your Jeep.
I would swap out the 18" wheels for 17's when it is time to do so. Your spare is on a 17" wheel.

Those are my suggestions, since you asked.

Most importantly, Thank you for your service to this great country!

OP
OP
Havoc_Six

Havoc_Six

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Nice looking Jeep. Love the red.
Don't let anyone tell you what to do with your Jeep.
That being said, take that horrible angry bird grill off and go back to stock!
I'm just kidding....sort of.

An easy to install front leveling kit and 33's or 35's with a set of aftermarket wheels will dramatically improve the looks of your Jeep.
I would swap out the 18" wheels for 17's when it is time to do so. Your spare is on a 17" wheel.

Those are my suggestions, since you asked.

Most importantly, Thank you for your service to this great country!
Haha, I actually did! Did not look as sharp as I thought, so I'm back to the red which looks fantastic as is

Do you have any specific leveling kits that I should look into (as well as tires/wheels) that you would recommend off the top of your head?

Thanks again!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Havoc_Six

Havoc_Six

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
I'm excited for the warm weather for sure - thanks!

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
Haha, I actually did! Did not look as sharp as I thought, so I'm back to the red which looks fantastic as is

Do you have any specific leveling kits that I should look into (as well as tires/wheels) that you would recommend off the top of your head?

Thanks again!
The teraflex 1-1.5" front leveling kit will come up as the most common, its reviewed really highly and is simple to install. There are others that are more "complete" with some geometry brackets and stuff that aren't 100% necessary on only 1.5".

If your buying wheels anyways, 17 are the way to go since they are a much more common size for off road tires. I stayed with the stock wheels on my Overland since I liked them but still went with bigger, better tires.

OP
OP
Havoc_Six

Havoc_Six

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
The teraflex 1-1.5" front leveling kit will come up as the most common, its reviewed really highly and is simple to install. There are others that are more "complete" with some geometry brackets and stuff that aren't 100% necessary on only 1.5".

If your buying wheels anyways, 17 are the way to go since they are a much more common size for off road tires. I stayed with the stock wheels on my Overland since I liked them but still went with bigger, better tires.
Gotcha, good stuff. Planning to look into some alt tires in a month or so. Will look into this leveling kit too. Thanks again!

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha, good stuff. Planning to look into some alt tires in a month or so. Will look into this leveling kit too. Thanks again!
Of course! Also look into wheels, tires, suspension, etc that are taken off of Rubicons as others are upgrading. Take off wheels and tires are going to be the cheapest way to get up to a beefy AT tire and 17" rim, with the added benefit of being OE quality parts.
Sponsored