Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

Sunday March 31 should be a fun day when all the media outlets open the floodgates on their reviews...
Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU

Sunday March 31 should be a fun day when all the media outlets open the floodgates on their reviews...
Im only in is that boat comes with it as a freebie :D

TamuPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJU
Occupation
Attorney

Boy does it seem silly that all of these reviews are done and the footage is in, but we need to wait just shy of three weeks to see it. I get that Jeep wants the reviews to correspond to customer's ability to actually order, but this borders on the ridiculous. As if a review that said "Hey, this Gladiator is great! I was very entertained!" coupled with a notice from Jeep that they would begin accepting orders in two weeks will be DEVASTATING for business. Nonsense. All it will do is give people more time to go to the Jeep website, build out their gladiator and decide to add even more options than they had budgeted for,

OP
OP
kayakmike

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Boy does it seem silly that all of these reviews are done and the footage is in, but we need to wait just shy of three weeks to see it. I get that Jeep wants the reviews to correspond to customer's ability to actually order, but this borders on the ridiculous. As if a review that said "Hey, this Gladiator is great! I was very entertained!" coupled with a notice from Jeep that they would begin accepting orders in two weeks will be DEVASTATING for business. Nonsense. All it will do is give people more time to go to the Jeep website, build out their gladiator and decide to add even more options than they had budgeted for,
How can you budget options without knowing the **** price? ;)

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Im not going to confirm that I have done that several time but i have gone form a base Sport S with hard top to now minimum Overland fairly loaded and even considering the JTR! However.... also int his time frame our gross household income has also changed significantly. So is it the time or promotion? I still think its the time...

Sponsored

TamuPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJU
Occupation
Attorney
That's sort of my point. People have an idea what the price is (we can agree greater than 25,000, less than 70,000, surely) but all the various and sundry options are a complete crap-shoot. Is it $200 or $1500 for a ridiculous self-charging bluetooth speaker system? Who knows?! Accordingly, difficult to budget for.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
That's sort of my point. People have an idea what the price is (we can agree greater than 25,000, less than 70,000, surely) but all the various and sundry options are a complete crap-shoot. Is it $200 or $1500 for a ridiculous self-charging bluetooth speaker system? Who knows?! Accordingly, difficult to budget for.
I sure hope it's not more than $200. That would be ridiculous!

OP
OP
kayakmike

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Most of the options we can get a pretty good estimate of pricing from the JL. Just the JT itself and JT unique options are a total crap shoot...

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Most of the options we can get a pretty good estimate of pricing from the JL. Just the JT itself and JT unique options are a total crap shoot...
Might be worth looking at Rams for stuff like the bed rails, tonneau covers, trailer brake control, and bedliner

Up in the air: trailcam, bluetooth speaker

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Embargoes aren't just for the kind of timing you're upset about here, they are used to ensure that as many reviewers as possible have access to the vehicles and won't be 'scooped' by a favored jeep reviewer who got a truck earlier. While we've been seeing preview videos from some of the big names, many of the review the jeeps are cycleing through a bunch of smaller names and publications for their reviews as well.

It also harkens back to a day when the majority of information came in print - by enforcing embargoes on all reviewers, a daily paper couldn't get a scoop on a monthly magazine simply by virtue of their publication schedule.

In short - this isn't something worth being upset at Jeep about - this is how ALL review media works, and Jeep plays along because they have a much bigger set of priorities than one forum nerd's impatience.

Sponsored

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Embargoes aren't just for the kind of timing you're upset about here, they are used to ensure that as many reviewers as possible have access to the vehicles and won't be 'scooped' by a favored jeep reviewer who got a truck earlier. While we've been seeing preview videos from some of the big names, many of the review the jeeps are cycleing through a bunch of smaller names and publications for their reviews as well.

It also harkens back to a day when the majority of information came in print - by enforcing embargoes on all reviewers, a daily paper couldn't get a scoop on a monthly magazine simply by virtue of their publication schedule.

In short - this isn't something worth being upset at Jeep about - this is how ALL review media works, and Jeep plays along because they have a much bigger set of priorities than one forum nerd's impatience.
Also to ad to what you said, the Gladiator is still making its rounds to the public at Autoshows, public interest is growing so everything needs to be timed correctly.

Just because we are all enthusiasts that have been following this for some time doesn’t mean that many potential customers even know it exist yet. So everything has to follow a process. It’s coming, we will all have official pricing soon, along with ordering and eventually our Gladiators. Patience is a virtue

TamuPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJU
Occupation
Attorney
I have no doubt that Jeep thinks what they're doing is in their best interests. I'm not ascribing malice. I just think its a silly marketing ploy that doesn't curtail the risks they fear or reap the benefits they perceive. For example, which would be better, from a newsworthy standpoint: one new story a day for twenty days or twenty news stories all on the same day? Assuming the news is good, obviously the former, yet Jeep seems to be positioning the latter.

I get that Jeep wants all of its reviewers to be able to have access to the truck, so as to be friendly to the maximum number of media outlets; that there are logistical considerations that don't permit all potential reviewers to review at the same time; etc. I get it. I just think that's bad policy. Let KBB review it, then TFL, then Doug Demuro, or Edmunds or whoever. I don't think it moves the needle in any real way to do a simultaneous roll-out versus a slow drip.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
It's standard practice for any product release. It's not a Jeep thing; it's an everything... thing.

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
I have no doubt that Jeep thinks what they're doing is in their best interests. I'm not ascribing malice. I just think its a silly marketing ploy that doesn't curtail the risks they fear or reap the benefits they perceive. For example, which would be better, from a newsworthy standpoint: one new story a day for twenty days or twenty news stories all on the same day? Assuming the news is good, obviously the former, yet Jeep seems to be positioning the latter.

I get that Jeep wants all of its reviewers to be able to have access to the truck, so as to be friendly to the maximum number of media outlets; that there are logistical considerations that don't permit all potential reviewers to review at the same time; etc. I get it. I just think that's bad policy. Let KBB review it, then TFL, then Doug Demuro, or Edmunds or whoever. I don't think it moves the needle in any real way to do a simultaneous roll-out versus a slow drip.
It's just like unveiling. Every media site released its "FIRST LOOK HERE" article after the press release at the LA Auto Show. It all came storming in and then some as the weeks went on. I'm anticipating a flood on the internet, viral level, and then it will drip until the JT's show up on the dealer lots. I think it is the right direction and this campaign will basically be driven by the internet people for weeks (and of course us on this forum).
Sponsored